09-17-2016 05:14 AM
33 12
tools
    Interesting replies so far. Thank you so much to everyone who has tried this and replied to my original posting on this issue.
    To be honest, I was unaware there were Country specific differences. Of course, I would not expect American Taxi Fare info given to me in the UK, but I would have thought something as generic as "What's the date today" would be in some "world-wide" generic set of replies that was not specific to anywhere.

Things like this always puzzle me.
    I can of course always understand bugs and issues that people find deep deep down, under special circumstances that the developers may not have stumbled across, but something so fundamental not working, I simply don't understand.

Anyone Pre-Launch, just sitting down for 1 hour to test it, would find these type of things.
    ven07 likes this.
    09-12-2016 03:40 PM
    One of the most basic and fundamental questions a person may ask cortana is what's the date.

So let's try it.

"what's the date today"

I can't connect at the moment, try again in a little bit.

"What's todays date"

I can't connect at the moment, try again in a little bit.

How is this even possible that such a simple, basic fundamental question makes Cortana say she cannot connect?
    I may be wrong here, but in order to save space, Cortana saves the voice message and sends it to online servers for 'interpretation' and then replies. Maybe she/he is trying to access your location? which requires an internet connection
    RumoredNow and ven07 like this.
    09-13-2016 12:18 PM
    I may be wrong here, but in order to save space, Cortana saves the voice message and sends it to online servers for 'interpretation' and then replies. Maybe she/he is trying to access your location? which requires an internet connection
    Nicely spotted.

Yes, check Location settings.
    Matty and ven07 like this.
    09-13-2016 02:15 PM
    My settings are all set to UK, luckily this is where I live, but there is obviously a bug in the UK version of Cortana.
    ven07 likes this.
    09-14-2016 04:33 AM
    Nicely spotted.

Yes, check Location settings.
    Location and internet were on when I asked.
    Cortana gives correct answers to all other questions including time.
    RumoredNow and ven07 like this.
    09-14-2016 06:47 AM
    There are few problems in Cortana. For example when I ask for my city weather it shows my province weather not my city weather even I have added my city into Cortana notebook.
    09-15-2016 09:18 AM
    Same here. Didn't give me the date though.
    09-16-2016 11:51 AM
    Nope that's not it.

I just asked "What's the weather today"

She displayed the correct info for my exact location for my weather

I then asked "what's the date today"

She replied "I can't connect at the moment, try again in a little bit"

Without doubt this is screwed up...... What's amazing is, it's like this, and they are not fixing such a simple/basic/fundamental issue as what's the date.
    Rinsun likes this.
    09-17-2016 05:14 AM
33 12