Anyone know of a good replacement for the Groove Music app for playing local MP3s?

TheAsbo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to use Groove Music to play back the audio files that came with my textbook, which requires me to play and pause a lot, but it is extremely buggy and unstable for me. It has the most frustrating issues, of which I left a partial list in the feedback hub. I only used Groove because it's the default software for music playback on my SP4.

Does anyone know of software that can replace this, can snap to the right side, and also supports the keyboard button to play and pause?

melhiore

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Try Core Music Player. It was recommended to me as replacement for Groove. I can not say it is perfect as I do not use it that long but so far does the great job laying local files...

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Don't bother with the VLC MS Store app, it's still a work in progress (a bit like Windows 10). Download the desktop version directly from the VLC web site. This should work with your Surface play button.

LyricalNonsense

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Music Bee.
It is insanely customizable, lots of keyboard shortcuts, supports basically every format, cross-device syncing, and plugins for even more functionality.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Another vote for MusicBee desktop app. I haven't used it with touch but there are plenty of options to change control format. Perfect app for creating or fixing music collections (busted metadata) too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3