Backup problem with 14393.105

Mikeb99

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Since updating to 14393.105 I can no longer get the backup to work. Under backup it still shows the target attached disk and when I go to backup now, it says backing up but in fact there is no backup performed and my backup on the target disk is still from June 2016. I can manually copy and paste files from the C drive across to the target attached disk so it is recognized by the system.
Any ideas?
Mike

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Since updating to 14393.105 I can no longer get the backup to work. Under backup it still shows the target attached disk and when I go to backup now, it says backing up but in fact there is no backup performed and my backup on the target disk is still from June 2016. I can manually copy and paste files from the C drive across to the target attached disk so it is recognized by the system.
Any ideas?
Mike

there are no errors when the back up is running?

Mikeb99

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
No, none whatsoever, it tells me that backup is happening but after maybe a minute it stops and no files have been transferred. As I said in my note I can copy and paste files across to the target disk which is visible on my machine. It's an oldish Seagate drive that is connected using Ethernet through my router. This always worked until, I guess, the last successful backup at the end of June this year.
Mike

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
No, none whatsoever, it tells me that backup is happening but after maybe a minute it stops and no files have been transferred. As I said in my note I can copy and paste files across to the target disk which is visible on my machine. It's an oldish Seagate drive that is connected using Ethernet through my router. This always worked until, I guess, the last successful backup at the end of June this year.
Mike

only suggestion I have is to try the new update 14393.187

Mikeb99

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm on 14393.187 now but I don't see any difference, never mind... Actually I'm sure that you can answer this question. What is the relationship between Backup in the new settings menus and file history in the old settings features? My PC started life running Windows 7 and I wonder whether this might be causing problems although prior to AU back up did work. Anyway I shall be away for two weeks or so I shall not be worrying about too much as everything else works...
THanks for your suggestions,
Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss