Photos app stops working - icon in app list turns blank

BackToTheFuture

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks,

There's something wrong with Photos app on my L1520 running 14393.67. The tile still updates its slideshow, but the app does NOT open - it crashes right out. The icon in app list is blank as well. And it cannot be reinstalled :-|. Restarted it a few times, the problem remains.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi folks,

There's something wrong with Photos app on my L1520 running 14393.67. The tile still updates its slideshow, but the app does NOT open - it crashes right out. The icon in app list is blank as well. And it cannot be reinstalled :-|. Restarted it a few times, the problem remains.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

there are no updates pending in store?

I could suggest that you enrol in insider, select release ring and get the newer14393 build

BackToTheFuture

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I did try updating to .187, the problem persists ... I'm waiting for a couple of days more for a Photos app update, if not then factory reset

Update: after updating to .189, the problems still persists. I ran out of patience and perform a factory reset, all is good now. Thankfully for the painless restore process MS implemented.

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I did try updating to .187, the problem persists ... I'm waiting for a couple of days more for a Photos app update, if not then factory reset

Update: after updating to .189, the problems still persists. I ran out of patience and perform a factory reset, all is good now. Thankfully for the painless restore process MS implemented.

glad you got it working :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre