Win10 Update Stuck at 45%

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Installing Windows Updates once was a cherished event but recently I am developing anxiety disorder while I install them unless tells me it is complete successfully. Latest update on my laptop is stuck at 45% for couple of days with no progress and retrying send system again to same 45% and stuck again. Is there a better update to remedy this bad update? Update number was something like 1607 I guess.:angry::grincry:

Last edited:

Paten1

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Three of my laptops were all stuck on downloading the Windows 10 update KB3189866. On two of the laptops, I downloaded that patch from Microsoft and installed it manually. On the last laptop the download was stuck at 48% and I just restarted the system. When it came back up, the download continued from where it left off and then got stuck at 90%. Restarting again caused the download to continue and it then completed successfully. The rest of the updates then completed as well.

PlatypusMaximus

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
I am experiencing the exact same problem with the latest cumulative update KB3189866. Stuck at 45%. I tried troubleshooting and manually stopping Windows Update service, deleting software distribution files and starting the service again. Has someone found a fix?

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
My laptop troubleshooter after 20 minutes running stopped reporting: We cannot solve the damn problem go buy a Mac!:devil:

Paten1

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Well, there aren't a lot of ads on Microsoft's site and once you download the patch you can stop using IE again. Plus you'll know the file is good because it's actually from Microsoft's servers. I think that's worth the few minutes needed to have to use IE.

jacquesvan

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Well mine finally installed. It downloaded the update in spurts over three days. Made it to 98% last night and froze there. After sleeping on it for a night it decided to download the remaining 2 % this morning and install it as well. Feeling spoiled!

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Cause of problem most likely MS reducing number of its servers or not enough servers to download large update files. This update was 431MB.

impromark

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
My wife's laptop is stuck at 32%, left it overnight and there was no change. I saw a thread that was closed with several people reporting the same issue on the AU update... Hoping that applying some patches as noted above will help. Don't suppose any of the "32%ers" are here and have solved their issues?

Mark

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
My wife's laptop is stuck at 32%, left it overnight and there was no change. I saw a thread that was closed with several people reporting the same issue on the AU update... Hoping that applying some patches as noted above will help. Don't suppose any of the "32%ers" are here and have solved their issues?

Mark

Waste no time for direct update...just go to Microsoft Support Download site download that specific update make sure which is needed for your laptop download it into a temp folder on laptop then right click on it Install. Make sure cumulative update is downloaded which can be some 431MB otherwise you need to download KBxxxxx files separately for part of update.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Win10 updating that stops at 45% has more info for you about which KB????? update is trying to download & install. Record all KBxxxxx files shown there then go to Windows Support Downloads and download each then install.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro