Windows 10 Mobile Official/Production: Anniversary Update 14393.189 (Redstone 1, non-Insider)

mtbmike24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine did that also in the AU update since the hard reset and no back up it hasn't happened. In fact I don't think my 950xl has ever ran so smooth I highly recommend you do a hard reset without any back upI know its a pain but it will get ride of the bugs. Edge was a joke for me pages rendered like crap and text were hugh and some were on top of one another the only way I caught it was because after my 1520 updated it was fine and web pages worked and looked great on the 1520. It has seemed to solve my black screen as well.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Come on, man I hard reset the phone 3 days ago when it was on .187 and set everything up from scratch. Wasted half a day setting up the start screen and all the apps. Obviously, if you have to hard reset with every build, there's something seriously wrong.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
A calendar alert on my 950xl just froze the phone. The screen only showed the alert along the top, nothing else. Long press on power didn't do anything, screenshot combo didn't work, power wouldn't sleep the phone. Had to reboot using power+vol down.

Sherif Hafez

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Come on, man I hard reset the phone 3 days ago when it was on .187 and set everything up from scratch. Wasted half a day setting up the start screen and all the apps. Obviously, if you have to hard reset with every build, there's something seriously wrong.

Do you have the calendar and mail live tile working after hard reset or you have to resize the tile to get the update?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
In regards to 3g and 4g only option if I was to hazard a guess. When you select 4g, it will fall back to 3g and 2g automatically if the carrier supports it (which is normal behavior).

Three in the UK have no 2g fall back what so ever so I have 4g, 3g, 3g only as options although curiously I have no 4g only option... hmm..

Does anyone have 2g / edge options?

In terms of performance I will need to see how the phone (L930) goes in the next few days to see if there was any noticeable differences.

alinauman97

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Is it just me or is Cortana still broken even after this update? I have not been able to use Cortana since the Anniversary Update. It crashes after a few moments if used for a search. Nothing happens on tapping the mic and tapping new reminder button brings it back to Cortana's home screen.

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
For the Lumia 640 and 635, I can't scroll all the way down in the one-handed reachability mode. I can't scroll to the last few rows of tiles, and I can't scroll pass the "W" apps in the apps list. Ah, another fine update by Microsoft.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed, when a Cortana reminder is showing, WhatsApp is not able to work in the background. Looking at the desktop Whatsapp window it reports 'cannot connect to your phone' whenever I get a reminder.

james oakley1

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Re download app issue, yes same here (640)

e.g Podcasts App is showing error 0x80070005
Maps is getting stuck on 0.10kB or 0.10MB

..some updates succeed (outlook)

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
For the Lumia 640 and 635, I can't scroll all the way down in the one-handed reachability mode. I can't scroll to the last few rows of tiles, and I can't scroll pass the "W" apps in the apps list. Ah, another fine update by Microsoft.

Same issues with my 950. I honestly wonder if anyone at Microsoft actually tests software before it's released. It would appear they don't.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Well, the black lock screen issue seems to have gone, but the failure of push notifications came back. After a few hours, I noticed that the background usage of most of my apps was 0. So I went to privacy--> background apps and disabled 15-20 of the ones I don't need (apparently the likes of lumia offers and the Amazon web wrapper have background tasks as well). After disabling unnecessary background apps, notifications from Whatsapp, WC immediately started coming in.

This proves that windows still has a limit to the number of background tasks it would allow.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, the black lock screen issue seems to have gone, but the failure of push notifications came back. After a few hours, I noticed that the background usage of most of my apps was 0. So I went to privacy--> background apps and disabled 15-20 of the ones I don't need (apparently the likes of lumia offers and the Amazon web wrapper have background tasks as well). After disabling unnecessary background apps, notifications from Whatsapp, WC immediately started coming in.

This proves that windows still has a limit to the number of background tasks it would allow.
WP really should be more vocal when apps are blocked from running background processes. It should also allow us to assign priority. Some apps we never want blocked.

And it should alert us when a live tile stops being live because of disuse. I have a sunrise app that just displays the sunrise/sunset time, so I never open the app. As a result, the tile goes stale, but I have no way of knowing that. I wonder if the developer can build in a timer that throws a last notification "help.. I'm about to go to sleep forever!"

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site

Same issues with my 950. I honestly wonder if anyone at Microsoft actually tests software before it's released. It would appear they don't.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how that is a bug....

The one-handed reachability mode is there to be able to reach the top of the screen, by moving the complete screen half way down.
Off course you can not touch the bottom of the screen then!.....

Just learn yourself to use it the way it was developed, and not ask MS to change it the way you want it to work.
If you want to scroll to the bottom of your screen, you can do that without activating the one-handed reachability mode....

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
My phone keeps losing service. Like I restart my phone and after a while "no service" comes up in the phone app. Texts are missing etc

Roger Deep

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
What is incredible is that a simple app like Camera keeps unusable as it show "Saving" since the last 4 updates. So, can use camera, can't use my phone on my Honda Connect and it also does not link like Android and the other one to the car. It's basically a 3310 phone.

One more bad :devil: camera update and I'm selling the 830 and buying a Nexus phone.:shocked:

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro