On occasion (mostly when I'm booting up for the first time), a notification will popup from some app on the action bar and not go away. This is the first sign the problem is occurring. It's confirmed when it ends up I can't click anywhere in the taskbar and can't open the start menu, cortana, or the action center. the only solution is to ctrl-alt-del and open task manager. From there, i'll see that explorer.exe and shellexperiencehost.exe are both not responding. if i end shellexperiencehost.exe, explorer.exe will start working again as will everything else magically. at that point, it's like a 50/50 shot if i get a notification if it'll happen again.
    09-19-2016 09:15 AM
    Unless you like pain, back up your stuff and reset your PC. FYI, it's possible to reset without losing your files (without backup).

If you like pain, you can try these tutorials How to use DISM command-line utility to repair a Windows 10 image | Windows Central and How to use the SFC command utility to fix system files on Windows 10 | Windows Central
    09-19-2016 11:42 AM