Several problems with my Lumia 735 w/ W10.

BonomDenej

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok, since the anniversary update I'm noticing a bunch of bugs.

First off, I already mentionned it here but Cortana doesn't work for most location based reminders. They'll work but not always, can't seem to reproduce it. For instance, two days ago, I set a reminder with my work place as a trigger. It didn't work yesterday, Cortana didn't remind me, but this morning she did... So clearly, it can work, it just doesn't reliably.

Also, Facebook, wether I use the Beta app or the main one (I prefer the Beta, much faster to launch and actually open), from time to time (can't figure out when, the only thing I know is that it's not linked to an update from the store) de-sync my contact list. I have a bunch of friends who doesn't have their real names on Facebook so it splits them out in two again and I have to manually link them again. Very annoying.

Finally, and this is a bigger deal than I thought, I have some live tiles that just don't update until I manually resize them. MSN News is one but actually manages to update after a while, but Outlook and Calendar (which are the same "app" package) just don't refresh at some point. So I end up with a little (1) bubble on my email account even if I opened the app and read the mail, and for the calender, if I let it be long enough, it will not even update the day. In my work, I kinda depend on the tile working as I have to be able to check on a glance if I have a meeting planned or something...

Anyway, I was kinda happy since the W10 update but this Anniversary update brought a lot of trouble for me on my phone. And just so you know, I did a complete reset a few days ago to fix some other issues I was having so this is as clean as it can get.

Anyone experiencing similar stuff?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue with the Mail and Calendar. Did you recently update the app in the store too?

For the other stuff, I'm not sure, sorry. I hope that someone will be able to share some input on that.

BonomDenej

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I've googled it a bit and apparently the calendar/mail stuff is kinda old and many people are concerned. Which is scary since it's kind of a big thing which haven't been fixed yet.

I did my complete reset on september 8th and since then no update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers