update 1607

takisrock

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Today arrived an update for windows 10, 1607 and its already downloaded.
Should I install it? cause I read for a long time about bugs and black screens.

Think they fix all the messed up bugs?

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
My XPS 13 got the update like a month ago, and no problems there.

My desktop received it earlier today and I got hit with the black screen problem. Surprised my hair didn't turn grey. After trying to solve it all day, and reading many threads online, I rolled back to 10586.589 and it immediately solved my problem.

My black screen problem was that I'd have a display until after the Windows loading screen, then it would go black. Without seeing anything on my monitor, I could type my pin and log-in. My issue was displayport connection on video card to hdmi on monitor. DVI on video card to DVI on monitor would work without issue. Something with 1607 breaks displayport output signal.

It's now 12:51am EST, I've been fighting this since the afternoon. A whole day of work lost. A real bummer, because I've never had any problems with Windows 10, and I openly profess my love for Windows 10.

Lots of complaints online about the black screen problem, so this is clearly an unfortunate oversight by Microsoft.

Thank goodness for the rollback feature. Enjoying my computer once again, but it sucks to now avoid updating.

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Today arrived an update for windows 10, 1607 and its already downloaded.
Should I install it? cause I read for a long time about bugs and black screens.

Think they fix all the messed up bugs?
I would install it. Problems will always occur but it's only to a few percentage of the user base.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12