Would you buy a large Windows 10 mobile tablet or notebook

Pynchmail

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
We all agree the Windows 10 Desktop is great on larger tablets with screen size 10 inches or larger. Microsoft would not allow Windows 10 Mobile on devices with screens larger than 7 inches until recently when this was increased to 9 inches.

The problem with Window 10 Desktop is that it could be an overkill for many people who just want a large tablet for browsing, watching video, looking at photos, play some games and simple computing. Full Window 10 tablet is also generally more expensive than Android tablet because 2Gb Ram and 64Gb Disk space are generally required, plus the cost of the full Windows licence and going forward, the more expensive x86 processors, compared to ARM processors, since Atoms line will be discontinued.

So, we are left with only the Android route if we want a simpler large tablet, with the iOS route being limited and costly. There are many people used to Window 10 on a desktop and will be comfortable using Windows 10 Mobile.

Do you think there will be demand for a high quality Windows 10 Mobile tablet with screen sizes of between 10-12 inches and long battery life for light use described above?

If so, what do you think will be the ideal size, price and specs?

I am interested in a good brand name, simple 12 inch tablet for media consumption but there is really nothing in the market. Have to either go full Windows 10 or haven forbid IPad Pro which cost a bomb.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
On the contrary, I would not be a fan of any mobile OS on a screen larger than 10", especially if it's a notebook. Just how I work. (multiple Word documents and a different workflow comes to mind)

Rupert Holmes

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Tablets should have built-in GPS, common USB power source, 4/3 format and they should be fanless. They also need data connectivity. All these things are missing from my SP3. Which is why, sadly, I often have to carry my Android tablet or my IPad. I kept looking for the Windows based tablet that meets these needs.

Pynchmail

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
Tablets should have built-in GPS, common USB power source, 4/3 format and they should be fanless. They also need data connectivity. All these things are missing from my SP3. Which is why, sadly, I often have to carry my Android tablet or my IPad. I kept looking for the Windows based tablet that meets these needs.

Yes, I agree. Am thinking the same. Something that even a simple Lumia 640 has. All it need is a big 10-12 inch screen. It is not easy to find a good 12 inch Android tablet and the IPad Pro is not good value for money, For productivity, full Window 10 will be needed, but for most other media consumption, light gaming, video etc., Win 10 Mobile should be good enough, and it will give long battery life.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
At this moment I would go for Windows 10 desktop OS - just like I already have. :)

We shall see how much universal apps there will be, it there are going to be a lot of them - then it's going to be great. Otherwise, the desktop OS is much better solution. Yeah, it's great to have a toy in the house for browsing internet and said like that, but why mobile OS is so limited compared to desktop.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett