I upgraded my Dell desktop to Win 10 from Win7 some months back and have run various Windows update including the recent big one which changed a the power button in startup on 18th Sept. All was fine until yesterday I logged on as usual and could see the screen resolution had changed and all my app icon were missing the screen then said it could not login to Microsoft live please sign out and in to try to fix the problem. Each time I try it says it cannot do it and seems like it is trying to set up windows from fresh. Windows works but my icons and files including emails and pictures are not accessible. If I use another device it logs into Windows live without issue so the issue seems to be the login from my Dell box
    How do I fix this please.
    melhiore likes this.
    09-24-2016 11:10 AM
    I upgraded my Dell desktop to Win 10 from Win7 some months back and have run various Windows update including the recent big one which changed a the power button in startup on 18th Sept. All was fine until yesterday I logged on as usual and could see the screen resolution had changed and all my app icon were missing the screen then said it could not login to Microsoft live please sign out and in to try to fix the problem. Each time I try it says it cannot do it and seems like it is trying to set up windows from fresh. Windows works but my icons and files including emails and pictures are not accessible. If I use another device it logs into Windows live without issue so the issue seems to be the login from my Dell box
    How do I fix this please.
    That means Anniversary Upgrade installation failed due to some iussue (maybe some corrupted doenloaded file) so now you are stuck in a temporary client account instead of your normal account

Check it out:

Windows 10 Anniversary Update common problems and how to fix them | Windows Central
    09-24-2016 11:44 AM
    Seem to be reported by another user here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ml#post3567757
    09-25-2016 07:32 AM