Exchange Account issues in Win 8.1 ( It is working if I am in Win 10)

prasanth1947

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I use my handset for my office e-mails so can any one help to fix the issue below reporting.

My exchange account was working when I got this handset with Win 8.1 and I upgraded to Win 10 and it is also working flawlessly but I tried to downgrade to 8.1 again due to some weird battery issue with Win 10( It goes dead suddenly from 80%, 60% , 40 % and it is becoming dead in the morning whatever the % I have before I sleep, I cant keep handset with plug on over the night and this is Oncall number too, so reverted to 8.1)

After I reverted to 8.1 , I am experiencing below issues:
1. I tried to login with my microsoft live account which keep says "Not up to date " then I resetted again and tried to login with another account which shows " up to date ".

2. Exchange account is not syncing at all , throwing this error "we werent able to apply the security policy that's required by mail.xxxx.com . Conact your company's support person to fix the problem". Error Code : 86000C29

It was working fine with the same policy when I was on 8.1 initially and it will work for sure if I upgrade it to Win 10 with the same policies so I cant go back to our Admin team.

I have searched it online and came to know that it was a bug from MS but not found any soultion specifically , may be I am overlooking.

Can any one suggest me or re-direct me to over come this issue? I need this hand set with active sync account .

My Windows Version is : 8.10.15137.148 and firmware : 15023

Please help

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Threads Merged.

User... Please do not create multiple threads on your issue. It actually works against you as any advice gets scattered around and a coherent conversation cannot develop as easily...

prasanth1947

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Threads Merged.

User... Please do not create multiple threads on your issue. It actually works against you as any advice gets scattered around and a coherent conversation cannot develop as easily...

Sorry, I found the initial one not created under mobile section so I tried to remove that but couldnt find an option. So I created another one under mobile section. Thanks for merging and sorry for annoying .

Now I am able to delete the duplicate one , I did .Thanks

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... Users can't delete the top post of a thread even if they created it themselves.

No annoyance on my end. I'm just trying to help keep answers in one spot so that we hopefully can get you a solution quicker.

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Which version of Exchange mail are you using?
Did you try removing the phone from the Outlook Web App and re-adding the account on phone?
Does your company use a certificate based configuration to allow mail on devices? If yes, did you re-install the certificate after downgrading to 8.1?

prasanth1947

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Which version of Exchange mail are you using?
Did you try removing the phone from the Outlook Web App and re-adding the account on phone?
Does your company use a certificate based configuration to allow mail on devices? If yes, did you re-install the certificate after downgrading to 8.1?

how to find out version from Windows 8.1 ? I tried removing it from webapp and re added .. Its not popping up for the password ( Even if I try to create in Andriod phone it is asking for password to set though it is not secure and company blocked to sync e-mails) .

It will work if I upgrade to WP 10 then it works flawlessly , I am afraid that not sure of certificate related stuff .. can you suggest me how to re-install of them ( I never done before , it was working fine with 8.1 initially and works with WP 10 )

Please help

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
The best way would be to contact someone from the IT department in your company. May be they have restricted policy for WP8 and 8.1 devices, may be there is something wrong with the configuration at back-end? May be they are using MDM solution to manage devices, may be not.
The certificate stuff is dependent on the certifying authority, in this case your company. In my case, there is an online enrollment process where the certificate is generated and then needs to be installed on the phone. This way the email servers know that your device is a trusted device.

prasanth1947

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
The best way would be to contact someone from the IT department in your company. May be they have restricted policy for WP8 and 8.1 devices, may be there is something wrong with the configuration at back-end? May be they are using MDM solution to manage devices, may be not.
The certificate stuff is dependent on the certifying authority, in this case your company. In my case, there is an online enrollment process where the certificate is generated and then needs to be installed on the phone. This way the email servers know that your device is a trusted device.

Thank you so much for the reply .. I will check internally but I am sure they didnt restricted for 8 and 8.1 since most of the members are using 8.1 which is working with out any issues.

Thanks again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)