Your version of Windows 10 will expire soon...

a1mark

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Completely perplexed here.

I am signed up to the insider program - wish I wasnt but cant figure out how to unsubscribe!

My computer tells me I am running the latest version and is completely uptodate - there are no updates to install. (Your device is up to date. Last checked: today, 09:59"

I have a fully paid up version of Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

And yet, despite this I am being threatened by a message from MS saying that it will all expire on 1st October and my machine will start to reboot every 3 hours. There is a "Click here for more" info but it's useless just giving me generic info on the Windows Insider program.

Anyone any ideas how to get out of this MS pickle?

Cheers - Mark

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
which insiders ring are you in? check whether you have the latest running build, for fast ring ( 14391)

what you are facing is because you are on an older insider build which will get expire on 15th October, Now as mentioned on inisder blog " Starting tomorrow September 15th, PCs running really old Insider Preview builds will start to see build expiration notifications once a day. Then on October 1st, these PCs will start rebooting every 3 hours and then on October 15th ? these PCs will stop booting all together."

To read further click on the link :> HERE

you can quit receiving insider builds by using the following steps:

:>Use the Windows key + I keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app. (On your phone, swipe the Start screen to the left and tap Settings.)
:>Click Update & security.
:>Click Windows Insider Program.
:>Click the Stop Insider Preview builds button.

a1mark

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
snip_20160927122753.png

No idea there were older ones and newer ones, I thought I was on an insider ring and that was it. Why do they have oplder ones and not just keep everyone on same one (he wonders).

So, what to do next to fix really annoying situation...

I've done what it says in the link above (thanks for that) - just says "Your device is up to date."

Help!
snip_20160927123305.png

winver:
snip_20160927123446.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa