has Skype preview been downgraded?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Just picked up my SP3 and opened Skype preview and I have lost the ability to send and recieve sms texts, the settings have changed and no mention of it, yet it was working fine yesterday.

I noticed in the store/updates that Skype was updated, but it looks like a downgrade to me.

Showing 11.8.192.0 as a version for the update.

EDIT: I only signed up to insiders preview release on my SP3 at the weekend to get this function....................

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Glad I saw this thread. My 650 on release preview updated last night which added the Skype/SMS feature. I set Skype as my default messaging app and it (mostly) appeared to be working. My biggest complaint was Messages appearing under bare phone numbers instead of the name of the contact After seeing this thread a minute ago, I went and checked Skype again and sure enough, the SMS feature is gone along with all recent conversations.

Oh well, back to Microsoft Messaging until it gets sorted out.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Just went back to my 950XL, it was working on that an hour ago but it to has since "UPGRADED" to 11.8.192.0 and all the SMS setting have disappeared......................

I waited so long for this only to have it snatched away the day after I finally showed my wife how to work with Skype now it has settled down (With any luck she wont notice).

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
My biggest complaint was Messages appearing under bare phone numbers instead of the name of the contact .

When or IF it ever works again it is easy to link the contacts, firstly link your duplicate contacts in the people app, but THEN add the persons mobile to your Skype contacts profile. Then all posts (IM's or SMS) show on one contact and you have the choice to switch between them.

I have done a post on this somewhere on the board.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Got to get up for work in not many hours, can't take the strain................

But yes back on SP3 and 950XL

I wonder if my PM's on the Skype board or the feedback made a difference :straight:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750