Is Release Preview 14393.222 / KB3194496 working for you?

sean8102

May 15, 2012
Visit site
That does sound pretty easy, but not as easy as my "ignore the problem and give Microsoft some time to solve it" fix. Heh heh. We'll see!

I got tired of my PC constantly trying to install the update and failed. I had over 6 failed attempts in the Windows update history, and every single time my PC would reboot I would have to sit through the try to update, fail, and revert crap XD

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I figured out a super easy fix. I used the "Media creation tool" from the Microsoft site. Let it download the latest ISO of Windows 10. Then picked the "upgrade this PC now" option. It asked if I wanted to let it download updates, I said yes. At the end it said that it would upgrade/install Windows and that I would keep my files/documents/applications etc etc. I clicked ok, it did some installing and rebooting, and 30 mins later I was right back up and running with the latest update successfully installed.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ftware-download%2Fwindows10%2F&token=kmGujNgr

Several people in the Microsoft forums I linked in the above comment have used this method and said it worked perfectly for them as well.

Thanks for that info

eekaspider

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got tired of my PC constantly trying to install the update and failed. I had over 6 failed attempts in the Windows update history, and every single time my PC would reboot I would have to sit through the try to update, fail, and revert crap XD
I lost patience this morning. Your approach worked for me too - thanks for the link!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss