No usb-support with error message

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
hey guys,

whenever I connect my Lumia 950XL (build14936) to the display dock (tried 2) I always get the error that the USB-device needs to be repaired...

I don't have any USB-support so no keyboard, mouse or usb-key which makes Continuum pretty much useless. :(

I tried a soft reset, hard reset to no avail... Tried to shutdown phone and take out battery but no joy either.

Anybody had this issue and was able to solve this?

Video works just fine and a bluetooth mouse works fine as well but alas I have no bluetooth keyboard...

Cheers,
Hans

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
hey guys,

whenever I connect my Lumia 950XL (build14936) to the display dock (tried 2) I always get the error that the USB-device needs to be repaired...

I don't have any USB-support so no keyboard, mouse or usb-key which makes Continuum pretty much useless. :(

I tried a soft reset, hard reset to no avail... Tried to shutdown phone and take out battery but no joy either.

Anybody had this issue and was able to solve this?

Video works just fine and a bluetooth mouse works fine as well but alas I have no bluetooth keyboard...

Cheers,
Hans

tried a different cable?

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
you mean from phone to the dock? No, haven't tried that yet...

I switched ends from the cable as I've read that this could sometimes do strange stuff (although I have my doubts there) but no joy either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb