Blank edge

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Peculiar issue which has lasted pretty much from day one and nothing seems to have changed. I have even provided feedback through the hub but seems like nothing will change about it.
See attached screens. Is anyone else having this issue? can it be fixed any other way that waiting an eternity for MS?
Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (11).png
Screenshot (13).png

I have a blank edge with no buttons or menu bar and print to PDF error.
In all these days I didn't need edge but one site that I need to access as it Is not "mobile enabled" fails to load on latest IE on a laptop. Go figure.

If no solution for blank edge is there atm is there a fix for the IE on laptop to open a website which is not mobile enabled?

Cheers TIA

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried it on Google Chrome? Safari? Firefox?

I have never been a fan of them.

What I don't get is why is IE not being looked at as desktop version even though everything loads as desktop pages and after all the time edge has been in existence what is wrong with my edge? I cant reinstall it like a software for sure. Just that I know my way around with a blank bar which has buttons but no graphics I am using it for just one site other wise IE does just fine for me.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I have never been a fan of them.

What I don't get is why is IE not being looked at as desktop version even though everything loads as desktop pages and after all the time edge has been in existence what is wrong with my edge? I cant reinstall it like a software for sure. Just that I know my way around with a blank bar which has buttons but no graphics I am using it for just one site other wise IE does just fine for me.

At least by trying them we could narrow down the possible causes of the issue. I'd at least try using Chrome on it - I haven't used Firefox and Safari for a long time.

Have you tried clearing the Internet cache of your PC (just the cache, not the cookies and browsing history)?

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
At least by trying them we could narrow down the possible causes of the issue. I'd at least try using Chrome on it - I haven't used Firefox and Safari for a long time.

Have you tried clearing the Internet cache of your PC (just the cache, not the cookies and browsing history)?

I have cleared all that but the buttons wont appear! The page that doesn't load in IE loads in edge. So would it be the same as loading it in any other browser like safari or chrome. I am sure the page will load. Well I just tried it the page works just fine on chrome but not IE

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Then you may need to check the Internet Explorer settings or Internet Options - there must be a feature or something that is enabled or disabled there that is logically connected to the missing buttons, such as a disabled script. I'd experiment with these settings and see which one addresses the issue. Try changing the Security settings slider (but don't disable it completely).

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Then you may need to check the Internet Explorer settings or Internet Options - there must be a feature or something that is enabled or disabled there that is logically connected to the missing buttons, such as a disabled script. I'd experiment with these settings and see which one addresses the issue. Try changing the Security settings slider (but don't disable it completely).

Internet explorer is working fine with buttons and all that bar one site which is "not mobile enabled" and still doesn't open in desktop version of Intenet explorer on my laptop however works fine on edge.

While the problem I have with edge is, that it is blank. Screens posted earlier shows that there are no graphics for the buttons but the buttons do exist when you blindly click the space for the buttons

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Internet explorer is working fine with buttons and all that bar one site which is "not mobile enabled" and still doesn't open in desktop version of Intenet explorer on my laptop however works fine on edge.

While the problem I have with edge is, that it is blank. Screens posted earlier shows that there are no graphics for the buttons but the buttons do exist when you blindly click the space for the buttons

We may be going astray.

To answer your original question, which basically says is there a way to access the website you want to access since it doesn't load in IE and it appears blank in Edge, then in the meantime you may want to use Chrome (which you have already tested and found that works).

If you really need to access the website, then that solution should suffice - it is definitely more convenient, faster, and more relevant than waiting for MS to come up with an update, reformatting your PC (with uncertain results), or tinkering around with settings (also with uncertain results). At the very least you can access the site, now.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
In short MS is lost its path. ;) BTW what about the print to PDF part? any easy fix for that or is it something like mentioned above? and why would my fav IE act like "mobile enabled"?

tbsteph

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I've had numerous issues with Edge including its losing my favorites every couple of days. Very frustrating. Found lots of advice but none turned out to be a solution until I ran across how to uninstall/reinstall Edge. Since doing same, Edge has worked very well. FWIW, the process to uninstall/reinstall is a bit convoluted but doable.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I've had numerous issues with Edge including its losing my favorites every couple of days. Very frustrating. Found lots of advice but none turned out to be a solution until I ran across how to uninstall/reinstall Edge. Since doing same, Edge has worked very well. FWIW, the process to uninstall/reinstall is a bit convoluted but doable.

link ? please

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo