I was using my laptop for six months now and I didn't have any problem on the keyboard tabs. It was perfectly working. Two days ago, an automatic update from windows 10 has occurred and I experience a problem on my keyboard tabs when the update was completed. There are six tabs currently not working. These are the tab "zero", "backslash", "semicolon", "caps lock", "left arrow", "down arrow". Kindly give me an answer how to fix my keyboard tabs so that I can use my laptop keyboard completely.
    10-02-2016 05:58 AM
    I was using my laptop for six months now and I didn't have any problem on the keyboard tabs. It was perfectly working. Two days ago, an automatic update from windows 10 has occurred and I experience a problem on my keyboard tabs when the update was completed. There are six tabs currently not working. These are the tab "zero", "backslash", "semicolon", "caps lock", "left arrow", "down arrow". Kindly give me an answer how to fix my keyboard tabs so that I can use my laptop keyboard completely.
    can you check in settings > language > keyboard whether the correct keyboard is installed? Is it American or Uk English keyboard?
    10-02-2016 06:18 AM
    US Keyboard
    10-02-2016 07:19 AM
    US Keyboard
    I could suggest going to device manager, disable the keyboard driver and then enable it again

But this is a critical piece of hardware - don't know what disabling it's driver would do
    10-02-2016 08:35 AM
    Check your Accessibility Settings too, sometimes those can do "odd" things to the keyboard.
    The "sticky keys" is the common one, but there's a variety of settings in there.

Also, check your BIOS, make sure something isn't changed in there, in terms of the default keyboard, some allow all kinds of re-mapping.

After that, I'd default to Chintan's recommendation to disable/re-enable the keyboard, and then to re-download the laptop OEMs latest keyboard driver, and "force update" to that.
    All the while, be uber-careful not to change the mouse settings, since it's your bailout.
    Ideally, you don't want to have to reboot, in-between disable and enable of the keyboard, as it can make it difficult to log in. Worst-case, I think you can enable the on-screen keyboard, and use that for log-in, or you can temporarily disable your login credentials, while you do this.
    10-02-2016 12:47 PM
    then I will not do this thing.. I will try when I don't have any option..
    10-03-2016 08:01 AM