Windows 10startfresh MS Link!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I'm new to your forum. However I do think I know W10 fairly well. I'm sure all you pros know about this; but if you haven't seen this link, you might want to give it a look if you have exhausted every thing about a Windows 10 issue, and still no cigars for your problems. You might consider a clean W10 install.
Here's a link that should tell you all about this procedure. I hope I can make a little difference here on your forum. I'm still learning myself!
Here's link from MS about a clean install of W10. Hoping I get this right! Nothing like a fresh start of your OS to make you feel good about your PC.
Let me know what your feelings are about this thread! Please read this link very carefully before you you decide to do a windows 10startfresh!
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...download%2Fwindows10startfresh&token=sc6y3aAR
Chere's!!
PS Before you attempt this; I always advise that you create a back up image of your OS with a 3rd party image program. That way you can get back to where you are. This works for me! There are several free image programs on the web! I like Macrium Reflect Free, but you need to choose one that fits your needs and works for you!

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
so this will clear the digital license too, uh but i have had troubles syncing my licence with my Microsoft accounts when i lost it the last time. so this change could be permanent

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! It is my understanding that you may lose digital licenses to Apps you have paid for. I have not used this tool! I would suggest that you create a back up image of your OS before using this tool. There are several other tools I would use before using that one. Here's a great tutorial for tools to recover from W10 issues! I'm a big fan of repair- install- windows-10-in place! If I were having major problems, that's the one I would try first!:smile: After trying a restore to a earlier time!
Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

You may lose your digital licenses, digital content associated with applications, or other digital entitlements for applications as a result of using the tool, which may impact your ability to use apps you paid for or app-related content you paid for.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Your digital license for the PC is a hash of your PC components, so you shouldn't lose that, unless you change something at the same time you do the reset, it will just re-activate when you reset.
Your other s/w licenses (and other data) though should be saved before a reset. If you don't have them handy, there are a number of tools that will extract them for you, to save off.

The full reset function is also part of the OS, or at least there's a setting for it, I've yet to fully reset it myself. Or you can do it from media too, such as a USB stick, booting that way.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! As @PGrey has suggested there are several programs that will find lost Keys!
Here are 6 programs that will do that. 6 Free apps that help you find your lost Windows product key Some do more then others! The only one I'm familiar with is Belarc Advisor. Other members here might recommend or suggest more programs! I only have one paid program and that's a life time license of MBAM Pro.
I agree that the digital license for your PC will be OK. Here's how HTG explains that!
How to Use Your Free Windows 10 License After Changing Your PC?s Hardware

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234