App Will Crash & Everything Starts Malfunctioning

neutropia

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm on a 1520 and have the latest public release of W10m and I have a peculiar issue that I'm wondering if others have: I haven't been able to work out the initial cause of this, but it generally occurs when I'm closing apps or after an app crashes. There's time I'll back out of an app and it says it's "resuming" when all it's trying to do is load my start screen.

After that, my phone will then go into a "tantrum" mode where it generally won't work properly until I power it off and back on. Apps will crash much more frequently (such as Accuweather will never load, Microsoft brand games (Bingo, Solitaire) will load and immediately crash out) and web browsing will generally either crash or keep reloading the page until I get an error. After I power down and back on, the phone will work fine again.

The only potential cause I can think of is if I start hitting back a lot to close out apps (still trained from the old days when backing out closed apps) to get to the start screen or if I back out of an app as it's loading. Again, I'm not positive, and this is sometimes unavoidable as I have the "phantom touch" issues that 1520's have so my phone will open up apps at will...

Does anyone else experience this issue? Wondering if I could pinpoint the cause, I could minimize it happening, but I'm currently having to power my phone down 3-6 times a week to fix it. I've been tempted to do a hard-boot but I somehow doubt that will fix the issue.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm on a 1520 and have the latest public release of W10m and I have a peculiar issue that I'm wondering if others have: I haven't been able to work out the initial cause of this, but it generally occurs when I'm closing apps or after an app crashes. There's time I'll back out of an app and it says it's "resuming" when all it's trying to do is load my start screen.

After that, my phone will then go into a "tantrum" mode where it generally won't work properly until I power it off and back on. Apps will crash much more frequently (such as Accuweather will never load, Microsoft brand games (Bingo, Solitaire) will load and immediately crash out) and web browsing will generally either crash or keep reloading the page until I get an error. After I power down and back on, the phone will work fine again.

The only potential cause I can think of is if I start hitting back a lot to close out apps (still trained from the old days when backing out closed apps) to get to the start screen or if I back out of an app as it's loading. Again, I'm not positive, and this is sometimes unavoidable as I have the "phantom touch" issues that 1520's have so my phone will open up apps at will...

Does anyone else experience this issue? Wondering if I could pinpoint the cause, I could minimize it happening, but I'm currently having to power my phone down 3-6 times a week to fix it. I've been tempted to do a hard-boot but I somehow doubt that will fix the issue.

Surely hard reset time with backup (Settings -> Info -> Restore). It always fixes.

It might be better even a restore with WDRT but that's a whole day workin. (First 8.1, then upgrading to 10, then updates, then Store core apps updates, then sync...)
These smartphones are little Windows notebooks. Sometimes they need cleaning, especially when stuffed of apps

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

do you have a sd card in the phone? Where these apps are stored?

neutropia

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
I do have an SD card but I only run Music and Pictures/Videos (and maybe downloaded maps) off of that. All apps installed are on the phone itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb