Problems with Messaging

noleschamp

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
I am on the latest fast ring release on a 735 and messaging is not working properly. Is anyone else having a problem not being able to open or send pictures and or group text coming through as media that won't download? If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Sorry. Forgot the 735 was cdma. Was thinking unlocked gsm phone. I am not familiar with Verizon phones at all. Did you try calling their Support or taking it into the Verizon store?

cmattau90

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm on a 735 with Verizon and the initial group text comes as media to download (it didn't use to) but if I press it, it downloads and all subsequent texts are normal. Haven't found a fix. I think it started around the anniversary update.

JohnBarry2

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I have an AT&T Lumia 950 that I just restored back to production build 14393.189. I thought the preview build or Skype preview was screwing it up but I still have a problem receiving text messages from Samsung devices in group texts, I receive only the first letter in the text message. This has been going on for about 2 weeks.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I am on the latest fast ring release on a 735 and messaging is not working properly. Is anyone else having a problem not being able to open or send pictures and or group text coming through as media that won't download? If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know.

Is the phone ur daily driver?

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm on a 735 with Verizon and the initial group text comes as media to download (it didn't use to) but if I press it, it downloads and all subsequent texts are normal. Haven't found a fix. I think it started around the anniversary update.

Hmmm sounds similar to when I was on Sprint. The problem with Sprint was using their 4G connection (MMS wouldn't work on 4G intermittently but always worked on 3G). Since they used SIM card to access 4G I could fix it (temporarily) by removing the SIM card, rebooting, and then putting it back in and rebooting. Otherwise the only thing I can think of is APN. Make sure you have the MMS APN filled out according to their instructions and it should work.

JohnBarry2

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
AT&T informed my wife that its an issue with the Samsung owners account and the Samsung owner would have to call AT&T to correct the problem. I have tried switching from 4G enhanced to 4G but no luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2