How to disable weather in Outlook Calendar app

gwbonline

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I have a Lumia 650 and I'm in de release preview ring. Today I noticed that there is a weather forecast in my outlook calendar app. It is very inaccurate, because it says that is will be 28 degrees Celsius on Monday, but the real temperature will be 12 degrees Celsius. I want to disable weather in calendar on my phone, but can't find any option for that. Does anyone know how to do this? On the web version I also have unchecked the weather forecast.

Or is this a bug in a release preview version of Outlook Calendar?

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
There used to be an option to turn it off, but right now I don't see it. I was looking for it recently because I've been having this same issue for a while now
Something like a week of few. Also, the weather is inaccurate in my case too - it's pretty cold (from 2 to 10-15C), and it says oh the calendar that is 25-30C... But even if it was correct,I don't want to see that, and it annoys me actually. Today I actually tapped several times on those small weather icons and I was starting Edge by accident. :/

I hope that this is a bug, and not Microsofts intention. I also hope it's going to be fixed. Hope about users who don't receive Release preview insider app updates? Do you guys have it too? I'm not in insider but I used to be, so I still get insider updates for apps.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I had same thing when my outlook account updated and lost my profile pictures too. I was able to turn it off in settings when signed in on the web. Of course the default city was Redmond.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a Lumia 650 and I'm in de release preview ring. Today I noticed that there is a weather forecast in my outlook calendar app. It is very inaccurate, because it says that is will be 28 degrees Celsius on Monday, but the real temperature will be 12 degrees Celsius. I want to disable weather in calendar on my phone, but can't find any option for that. Does anyone know how to do this? On the web version I also have unchecked the weather forecast.

Or is this a bug in a release preview version of Outlook Calendar?

Hay guys, on you phone open your calendar see the three dots... Lower right corner, click on it, click settings, click weather" there you go set your default location.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
There are 2 things you need to do to turn it off. First, go into the privacy settings and turn off location for email and calendar. Then log into outlook via web and hide weather from the calendar. This can be done, trust me. Then it will eventually stop adding weather in the calendar.

gwbonline

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
There are no options for weather in the calendar settings except the option to set Celcius or Fahrenheit. I never enabled weather in Outlook web version. Weather appeared in the calendar app on my phone with inaccurate temperatures. I never enabled it and can't disable it. I have never location turned on for email and calendar The only thing I can do is hoping it will go away by itself.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I had same thing when my outlook account updated and lost my profile pictures too. I was able to turn it off in settings when signed in on the web. Of course the default city was Redmond.

This should be the answer. I just logged into my Microsoft account via browser, and I unticked the option for weather in the calendar. It was ticked. I only think it shouldn't be necessary to turn off location for Outlook and calendar, but we shall see.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
There are no options for weather in the calendar settings except the option to set Celcius or Fahrenheit. I never enabled weather in Outlook web version. Weather appeared in the calendar app on my phone with inaccurate temperatures. I never enabled it and can't disable it. I have never location turned on for email and calendar The only thing I can do is hoping it will go away by itself.

MS weather is a core app, you can disable it in mai phone Serttings -> privacy

gwbonline

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I know how to disable the weather app. But I don't want to do that, because I use the weather app. What I want is that the weather doesn't show up in the calendar app.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Follow the steps above. I went through this some months ago getting rid of the weather on my phone calendar. It came back again after my outlook account updated and had to go through it all again. Once you turn off location for mail and calendar you will still see the weather that was there before but it should then stop updating so then in about a week your calendar will no longer show the weather forecast.

Last edited:

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
This should be the answer. I just logged into my Microsoft account via browser, and I unticked the option for weather in the calendar. It was ticked. I only think it shouldn't be necessary to turn off location for Outlook and calendar, but we shall see.
You'll have to trust me on this. I spent about a week playing with settings and chatting with others on here to get rid of the weather on my calendar. Who needs the additional clutter when most weather apps have live tiles. This was the trick to get rid of the weather in addition to hiding weather in outlook on web. Once I switched off the location setting in privacy the weather forecasts slowly but surely eventually went away. I had to go through all of this again when my outlook account updated and then started to display the weather again.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, later I noticed that I had already forbidden location access to calendar and email. Actually there is no need for those two to know the location. Right now I'm still waiting for this weather info to disappear from calendar. Your advice does make sense, and it makes sense that we're going to have to wait a little bit for this to sync.

gwbonline

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your response and tips. I will try this and wait until its gone. Why isn't there a simple option to turn it off? I'm a Microsoft enthusiast, but sometimes there are unexplainable glitches that drive me nuts. Like having poor gps signal (L535) and when it does have a signal there are is no voice guidance. Now I have a L650 with amazing gps reception and also strange weather forecasts in the calendar app (28 degrees Celcius when it is 12 degrees Celsius).

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Strangest thing happened after the update yesterday. Now the weather is back again in my calendar and is showing crazy warm weather. Makes me want to take a vacation now to experience this weather. Not sure why they make it such a challenge to remove the weather from the calendar app, but I am again back at square one.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
What exactly do you mean by "square one"? Another calendar app, or something else?

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
What exactly do you mean by "square one"? Another calendar app, or something else?

It's a figure of speech. It means that in the past I managed to remove the weather forecast from the outlook calendar app. After the latest cumulative update the weather started to appear again in the app. I thought I had it figured it out how to remove the clutter, but now I am back again in search of the proper method to remove the weather forecast from the calendar app.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for explanation. Still has a lot to learn about English I see. :)

Well, hopefully your old method could still work. What you described happened on my Outlook account too, and I also had to turn of the weather in calendar again. I hope it will work again like it did before. I should mention that I didn't manage to remove the weather even before this transition to new Outlook, though I wasn't expecting fit it to disappear in few days - you clearly said that it took you a week for weather in calendar to be removed. :)

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for explanation. Still has a lot to learn about English I see. :)

Well, hopefully your old method could still work. What you described happened on my Outlook account too, and I also had to turn of the weather in calendar again. I hope it will work again like it did before. I should mention that I didn't manage to remove the weather even before this transition to new Outlook, though I wasn't expecting fit it to disappear in few days - you clearly said that it took you a week for weather in calendar to be removed. :)

No worries, I recognize that their are a lot of non-native English speakers using these forums. The last time it took a week for the weather to disappear because it was no longer updating beyond the 4-5 day weather forecast. Now everyday that I check it is still updating the forecasts so at this point I am not sure how to remove, or even if I want to bother stressing any more to remove the weather. I used to find it annoying because it clutters the calendar and weather apps at this point have wonderful live tiles. Now, an additional annoyance is that the forecast is not set for my location and I keep seeing warm and sunny weather forecast and then look out my window to see that it is cold and gray :(. Anyways, if anyone finds another new weather setting please share.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6