Casting Netflix videos possible?

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I just recently bought a used Dell Venue 11 pro 5130. It currently has the latest Windows 10 with anniversary update on it. This tablet is being used primarily in the living room for web browsing, playing music via bluetooth to my home theater. It would be so convenient to be able to open the Netflix app on the tablet and then cast it to my home theater, using a chromecast, Roku, or ANY other type of casting device. I am able to cast Youtube videos using the TubeCast app, but there is no casting option in the Netflix app it seems. Is this possible with the current Netflix app, or am I SOL? I bought a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter for this purpose, but it was garbage (laggy, freezing, disconnects, even when right next to the adapter). Thanks.

Last edited:

steeler4life

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Did you update the firmware for the MS wireless adapter to 3.0.124.0. It also depends on your wifi speed. Works great when I used it at my house compared to my friends slower wifi.

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Did you update the firmware for the MS wireless adapter to 3.0.124.0. It also depends on your wifi speed. Works great when I used it at my house compared to my friends slower wifi.

Updating the firmware was the first thing I did when I got it October 5th, but I'll check again today and see if its the latest. I have 90mbps 5.0ghz wifi, I don't think its my speed. I had nothing but problems with the wireless adapter and netflix videos not even playing when its connected. The Netflix error code said I was trying to display it on a TV monitor or I needed to update my graphics drivers. Other than that, it would keep disconnecting.

So is casting via the Windows 10 Netflix app just not possible?

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
So I went home during lunch and checked the firmware and wireless adapter app version, all up to date (3.0.124.0). While I was doing this it stayed connected for about 10 minutes, then crashed when I tried playing a youtube video on the big screen. Happening ALL too frequently for a $50 product. Going right back to Best Buy.

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Well you could connect using a HDMI cable. The MS display adapter is just wireless HDMI. How old is your TV? Most new TV's have apps on them and Netflix is one of the most popular apps.

I have a MS display adapter and it works great on my Surface Book but no other PC can even see the adapter to connect.

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a 58" plasma TV from 2010 that I'm never giving up until OLED becomes widely available and cheaper. It is hooked up to an HDMI 5.1 receiver. I tried the wireless adapter plugged into several different newer TV's, and it failed on all 4.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
google the problem because I remember my GF's father was having that exact problem with his Surface RT and the MS wireless adapter and I forget what I did to fix it, but the problem isn't the adapter, it's Netflix as for the trouble you're having with youtube, thats probably youtube or actually Adobe (crapware) flashplayer... on my tv +MS adapter YT + netflix works flawless...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa