What's next after Lumia?

anon(8997573)

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys. I would like to ask you people about what is the next windows 10 mobile that we would get to see. We are not going to see any more Lumias and whenever the surface phone arrives, it would prove to be very costly. Which other OEMs are planning to release windows mobiles, particularly in the low and mid range?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
the best answer would be to wait and watch what happens in the next few months or early 2017 with announcement of a new hardware or new devices devices from regional OEM. Lumia series has been discontinued by microsoft so we might see a new range of hardware as we are expecting microsoft to hint at surface phone but with fingers crossed.

But microsoft may not feel investing in the hardware again , and becoming a software only like blackberry.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
This thread has been moved to an appropriate forum...
As per this advice: Who Should Post in Ask a Question? WC members are free to post in all areas of the board. Please use Ask a Question only for time critical help issues that affect the immediate functionality of your device.

anon(8997573)

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I wonder when other OEMs will begin selling windows mobile devices! The irony is that the OS has just started to bloom but there are only a few devices out there.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
What can I do right now if I say that I need to buy a new phone? I can see only androids out there (which I don't wanna go for).

I'm considering buying a higher end, older or used windows phone such as the Icon or maybe one of the newer x50 series (650?). I'll continue to use my buttery smooth efficient WP 8.1 phone, but I think Windows Mobile 10 might be ready for me to play with.

Last edited:

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
nothing really, check ebay for cheap icons and 1520s in the US, other than that all we can do is wait for microsoft to realize this isnt working and start their new mobile push, again, its a cycle

btw the most you can expect is dell and other microsoft friendly OEMs to put more X3's on the store at 800$, thats the new vision, no budget or even classic "flagship" phones apart from the odd no-name brand releasing a generic android running w10m, and thats very hard to recommend, w10m is no longer that buttery smooth efficiency wonder of yore, so be very picky with hard specs like cpu & ram

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
What can I do right now if I say that I need to buy a new phone? I can see only androids out there (which I don't wanna go for).

Just go for an Android, You are based out of India If I'm not wrong in that case, W10M is just dead for you. Surface phone might come late 2017 or early 2018 and I'm sure it wont come to India immediately, just look at the history of surface device and band launch(or the lack of it) in India.

anon(8997573)

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Just go for an Android, You are based out of India If I'm not wrong in that case, W10M is just dead for you. Surface phone might come late 2017 or early 2018 and I'm sure it wont come to India immediately, just look at the history of surface device and band launch(or the lack of it) in India.

Yeah I'm based out of India and I know that the surface phone isn't what I would be getting any time soon. :(

anon(8997573)

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
nothing really, check ebay for cheap icons and 1520s in the US, other than that all we can do is wait for microsoft to realize this isnt working and start their new mobile push, again, its a cycle

btw the most you can expect is dell and other microsoft friendly OEMs to put more X3's on the store at 800$, thats the new vision, no budget or even classic "flagship" phones apart from the odd no-name brand releasing a generic android running w10m, and thats very hard to recommend, w10m is no longer that buttery smooth efficiency wonder of yore, so be very picky with hard specs like cpu & ram

So what you are trying to say is that there might not be any more mid or low range phones running w10m, right?

anon(8997573)

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm considering buying a higher end, older or used windows phone such as the Icon or maybe one of the newer x50 series (650?). I'll continue to use my buttery smooth efficient WP 8.1 phone, but I think Windows Mobile 10 might be ready for me to play with.

Yeah that's one option that I'm considering too- buying a used high end phone!

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Look out for Cerulean Mobile, a W10M phone created by Windows Phone fans, for the fans. I think their company's name is Wharton Brooks? Windows Central posted a lot of articles regarding this company, and their interest in making W10M phones for the fans; US.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Look out for Cerulean Mobile, a W10M phone created by Windows Phone fans, for the fans. I think their company's name is Wharton Brooks? Windows Central posted a lot of articles regarding this company, and their interest in making W10M phones for the fans; US.

Well its a phone to be created, as of now its vaporware

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I left windows phone for android earlier this year.No regrets so far.I now have the awesome oneplus 3.Apps are so much better.The features of android,everything.Cant believe I stayed with windows so long

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I left W10M for fear of it dying for an iPhone, but I kind of regret it.

I was not dying for a iphone I had no choice if I wanted to have that one app. So it was between iphone and note 7. I did sway towards iphone which turned out to be the right choice considering the explosive note 7. And I actually like it very much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss