Pages refresh on phone constantly

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes when reading an article on sites like the Huffington post. Edge will refresh the page constantly. I scroll down read for a 10-20 seconds then the page reloads. It's annoying. Is is the site, ads, or edge? This is on the phone.

anon(10126407)

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
Hello, I know this is an old thread, but the issue is big. I have been experiencing it for a while now. Every 30 seconds or so Edge (mobile) Lumia 730 reloads the page I am reading. Clearing cashe and history does not help even for a minute.
Any other ideas? :)
Thanks!

taynjack

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
I've had this problem too. My fix has been to use reading view for articles. It doesn't refresh in this section leading me to believe it is the ads that cause the reboots. Although this doesn't help for video. I've stopped even trying to watch embedded videos the problem is so bad. Just tried the history and cache delete. We'll see if that helps.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
The problem with reading mode is that sometimes it doesn't display everything on the page, such as the comments section. This bug pretty much renders Edge useless for trying to read anything on your phone, and proves to me that no one at Microsoft actually uses WM on a regular basis. This bug has been around forever, and no one with any say-so within that organization would tolerate it if they actually used it.

I agree that it seems to be the constantly updating ads that cause it.

taynjack

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Agreed that this problem has been around way longer than any sane company would allow if they really believed in their product. Ready to jump back to Android. Not by choice, but because it feels like Microsoft is intentionally pushing me there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon