How is the W10M Uber app?

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
so I haven't used W10M in a while. How is the Uber app? Does it have the spilt ride feature? Can I share my route? Are there any features missing from Android or IOS?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I have never seen a Split ride feature on Uber for W10, so no. Route could be shared on the old 8.1 app, but not in the new app.

Also, searching and selecting a destination is painful, the same search term on W10 brings fewer/different/incorrect results as compared to iOS and Android.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I so want to come back to W10M but it's features like that I can't do without.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
The W8.1 app is much better which is worrying. The W10 app doesn't even have share my ETA. I've raised with uber but they don't even understand what im going on about!

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Just raised the missing 'Share my ETA' functionality with Uber support and they suggested to re-install the app again!!!

Could it be that because it is the same app for PCs/tablets as it is for Mobile then this option has been left out because you cannot text from a PC/tablet?

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Just got an uber app update today. The only thing I spotted was a new feedback icon (smiley face) in the top right. Time to chime in and submit our feedback now!

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Now when you go to select your destination, there's an option to choose the destination directly on the map. This is awesome because the search results are terrible.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I thought that was three before?

I've never seen that on any app or even m.uber website, its a common complain that users cant simply drag another pin for destination and are instead forced to type something in and hope the place is correctly registered in the map

dont know what maps source is the uber app using, but not even "maps" on w10m is that bad, the maps on uber are almost completely blank, devoid of any POIs

btw I tried the "share ETA" feature and it does nothing, nothing on clipboard either, it works on m.uber though

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I've never seen that on any app or even m.uber website, its a common complain that users cant simply drag another pin for destination and are instead forced to type something in and hope the place is correctly registered in the map

dont know what maps source is the uber app using, but not even "maps" on w10m is that bad, the maps on uber are almost completely blank, devoid of any POIs

btw I tried the "share ETA" feature and it does nothing, nothing on clipboard either, it works on m.uber though

The map graphics are from the local Windows map database (offline, if available), not sure where the PoIs are from, I agree they are horrible. If I search for "Sector 33", it shows me 10 results for "Sector 33, Haryana", with no mention of the city (All the results are from different cities, but the name is not mentioned)..

I am quite happy with pinning my destination, works better for me anyways.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
The map graphics are from the local Windows map database (offline, if available), not sure where the PoIs are from, I agree they are horrible. If I search for "Sector 33", it shows me 10 results for "Sector 33, Haryana", with no mention of the city (All the results are from different cities, but the name is not mentioned)..

I am quite happy with pinning my destination, works better for me anyways.

it must be using a wp8 database or something, newest maps data on w10 is way better than whatever the uber app is pulling from, but it is definitely related to maps app, I got both uber and maps app crashing probably due to corrupted map data on my desk pc, or maybe the POIs we see on maps app are not readable for uber

and I'm very much enjoying the pin for destination, first time I used uber I was expecting that to be the way it worked, when I realized it wasn't possible I was like WTH is this nonsense, of course it seems like a solution they had specifically for this platform, must've been way easier than to get proper map data

btw the destination page now remembers your last dropoff locations, no more m.uber.com for me :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)