People app and Contacts don't sync!

macgyver_gr

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
After i have updated to the latest build (14393.321) i decided after a long time to do a hard reset to my phone (Lumia 930)
Everything went ok, didnt use a previous back up and started fresh.
I used my gmail account, like i always did in the past to sync my mail and my contacts.
Gmail synced without problems but contacts in people app didn't!
In fact there aren't any contacts at all in the people app! It's totally empty!
I did everything i could like removing my google account from the phone and logging back in, removed windows' permission from google account, also removed google's permission from outlook.com but nothing changed! Contacts don't appear in people app!

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Google is famous for tweaking their services so they break on Windows devices. I recommend you export your addresses from Google and import them into your MS account. I further recommend you use an Outlook email address with the phone and forward your Gmail to that. A simple procedure that will surely save you pain later.

macgyver_gr

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for replies! I noticed another problem too!
Skype contacts don't sync with people app also as long as i'm signed out of Skype app!
When i log back in Skype, contacts appear in people app and i also have the option to select which contacts i want to see including the Skype ones.
When i log out of Skype, Skype contacts disappear and that option too! ( despite the fact that i have selected the option in skype to sync my contacts with the address book!)
Tbh all this drives me crazy!
:(

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I faced the same problem with Google contacts. So, I went to Google contacts on the web, exported them, and imported to Outlook People. Deleted all from Google and, happy now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa