Cannot join Insider Preview on 14393 - always says connect to the internet?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
After the latest debacle with the Fast ring I used WDRT and reset my phone and now I am on build 14393. I would like to join Release Preview ring but when I try to join the Insider Program it says I am not connected to the internet (I am) or it gives me error 0x80004005 and says something went wrong when I tap 'Get Started'.

Does anyone have any advice? Hard reset does not solve it. I tried that twice now and I still get the same error when I try to join the Insider Program.

Thanks.

Ian

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
this error is the sign that your windows update folders are corrupted, if you have then you should again do a hard reset and start afresh without restoring any backups.

mostly this error has been reported on PC users so there is not much documentation on mobile users , but a hard reset must fix it .

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Or need to go in the registry to change the one value in order for the phone to download it.
I remember something like that before

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
this error is the sign that your windows update folders are corrupted, if you have then you should again do a hard reset and start afresh without restoring any backups.

mostly this error has been reported on PC users so there is not much documentation on mobile users , but a hard reset must fix it .

I don't really want to hard reset again though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre