SMS notifications not appearing in action center on PC

midnightsunset4

May 28, 2013
Visit site
A few days ago the SMS message notifications stopped appearing in the action center on my windows 10 computer. I have sync settings turned on for all my devices. All other notifications work but the SMS. Anyone have any idea how I can fix it?

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Same here, both on my work PC and home laptop. Missed call notifications are working but I'm not getting texts. I can send texts via Cortana on my PC fine.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi I'm late getting here! Not really sure what you all are talking about, but thought I would add my 2 cents. Is this what you all are talking about? If not, please disregard!:wink:

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 0

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
They disabled (greyed out) the sync message on the 10/26 Cortana for Android update, and for today's update, that option is completely removed. I am very disappointed.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! Maybe a fix on Patch Tuesday!! LOL. We can always hope!:wink: This seems to be a well know issue. Come on MS Get-er-Done! LMAO
Are you listening to your users? MS

Kevin S Martin

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
I have been having the same issue for weeks now, which is quite frustrating: I had gotten a windows 10 phone and previously had SMS messages able to be sent and received via the action center - it isn't working anymore. I checked all of my notification settings and everything appears to be in order but SMS notifications are still not showing in the action center. I enabled a workaround using Skype Preview as my default messaging service and that works fine and is similar in functionality. However, I'd really rather not use Skype at all; certainly not as my default messaging service on my phone. Basically, I want to be able to text on my phone when not on my PC and manage (send and receive) my text messages on my phone via my PC while I'm working on my PC. Picking up and unlocking my phone repeatedly while working on my PC can be quite annoying while working a task. I don't want to have to utilize a various apps to get this done. The way the phone and action center worked in, I want to say August, was perfect. Then sometime in late September or October this functionality ceased. I would really like to see it return to the way it was, it's a feature I had been waiting for on a Windows device that Androids had used years earlier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss