Help, I Can't download any apps via Windows Store On windows 8.1 Enterprise & 10

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys! Here's my thoughts. Why are some users having these issues and others are not having them? I don't use the store, but I haven't had any trouble with it, that I'm aware of at this time! IMHO it has to be some thing to do with the device, the Apps, the area. I'm not understanding why Microsoft,s updates cause so many problems.
I just did a in-place repair upgrade. Got tired of the latest updates failing to install. Every thing seems to be working and all the updates are installed. That may all change next patch Tuesday. I finally learned to create a back up image before each patch Tuesday. My thinking is that Microsoft still has a lot of bugs to iron out before this OS ever gets as stable that W7 was! I went from XP to W7 and skipped Vista and W8.
Good luck guys. I hope you get your issues solved and post back here with your results! Happy computering.:wink: See you around the forum!

I don't know why holdum333 but agree hardware can be a big part of some issues, I give some leeway in that area due to the wide variances in components yet there is something with W10 that I'm experiencing that seems amiss, haven't put my finger on it just quite yet.

As for the store, I'm seeing issues on both PC and mobile that shouldn't be, especially at this late stage of the game. In my PCs case, I've applied AU (std installation w/o fiddling) and POOF! that's all she wrote, no amount of commands, patches, applied fixes, tweaks, rollbacks, restores, clean boots, or anything else have been able to resolve with (you guessed it) a fresh install being inevitable... Yes, now we are going take your advice and do the right thing, images for all LOL. In the past there wasn't much need in my camp for imaging as my 'puters ran fine for good stretches at a time, W10 seems to have negated that fact now, at least in some cases.

If it were hardware I'd be more understandable yet don't see anything in that department that relates to "my" store getting royally frigged, do know that it made sure to do a good job of it... Reminds of the old saying "do it right or don't do it at all", MS did that alright :angry:

In any event, have reverted my work PC back to W7 (dual booting w/10), will sort the ailing POS OS after we've gotten things settled in with the elder, and hopefully before Patch Tuesday arrives and possibly finishes it off for good :grin:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys! A little off topic! I'm logged on to the forum. Minding my own business. Decide I'll go to my desktop to check on some things. Only a few of the short cuts work.
"****" What's going on? First time for that. You all know the routine. Reboot and cross your fingers. All is good after reboot, but what the Hell was that all about?
Yuppers W10 has a long way to go IMHO. Can hardly wait for Patch Tuesday. I've already created my back up image!
PS I enjoyed your reply @ELky64 Here's a great way to find out all your apps!
All of the applications installed on your PC—including the universal apps that come with Windows 10 or are downloaded from Windows Store—are accessible from a hidden shell view called Applications. And once you open this view in File Explorer, you can create shortcuts for any of them. I have 171 of those suckers!:wink:

So open the Run dialog (WINKEY + R), type shell:AppsFolder and then click OK to view this folder.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Update on my short cut icons on desk top. I discovered other problems and restored back to a earlier time. It took over 45 minutes. I'm checking things out now. It seems to be OK, but will take me awhile. It should be fine. Just when I think about bragging up W10, this crap happens. OH well it's a challenge. LMAO
Maybe we can turn this thread into a rant thread!:wink: There are plenty of them already!

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi Update on my short cut icons on desk top. I discovered other problems and restored back to a earlier time. It took over 45 minutes. I'm checking things out now. It seems to be OK, but will take me awhile. It should be fine. Just when I think about bragging up W10, this crap happens. OH well it's a challenge. LMAO
Maybe we can turn this thread into a rant thread!:wink: There are plenty of them already!

Best of luck holdum333 hope yours is better than mine.

That's what I'm not liking about this whole W10 thingy, so much unpredictability, at least on my end anyways.

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi friend read my latest thread and see what Microsoft just pulled on me.Screwed my desk top up big time!
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/444047-update-blew-my-w10-desktop-away.html

lol, I actually disabled all kinds of Updates to all My Devices running windows till i see the reaction after each patch & Avoid falling even in bigger issue!, I tried TONS of Fixes to solve my problems and it hasn't been fixed, I discovered that it was created by a silent update, and sadly, The latest rollback point was after the update <autoCreated> & the Problem appeared 30 hrs after the Update was installed. All came down to Re-installing the OS, that's the Only Option, i've tried all the possible fixes found on the internet with no hope :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99