Update blew my W10 Desktop away!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I'm a very unhappy Okie! I was having a good time here on the forum. Microsoft decided to install this without my knowledge or approval. Completely changed my disk top, making some icons unusable and screwing up my right click on the start menu. I'm not crazy and I'm not a newbie. This just happened today and I had to restore to a earlier point. Took over 45 minutes,but every thing seems to be back to normal. Why are you doing these things to us Microsoft??Are you trying to drive us away?? What are your freaking plans for Patch Tuesday? You will have to wake up earlier if you want to stump this old country boy!:wink:
Here's my prof. This Screen shot tells it like it is! I don't even know what a Windows Modules Installer if for, and I dang sure never asked for it!

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 1

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi I don't think you can call me a newbie, I do have for less time in the computer world then most of you here (1904). I know what happened and I know how I recovered. I'm not crazy and it's way to early for me to start drinking!:wink: This happened! Any one here care to explain this phenomenon?

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Every thing seems to be working after restore to a earlier point and I just created a back up image for the next time Microsoft messes up my PC, which may be any minute. LMAO I can hardly wait until Patch Tuesday to see what MS has in store for us. I predict more problems!:wink:
I can restore my PC much faster with a back up image from Macrium Reflect then I can from a restore point and I know that it will work!. LOL
Happy computering!:angel:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett