Huh.. the task switcher animation is kinda sluggish!

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed how fast the 'one-handed mode' response time is. I love it. After a half-second press on the start button the screen just zips down. It really feels like the phone springs into action.

In comparison, long-pressing the back button feels completely different. It takes close to a full second to get any reaction at all, and even then the task switcher takes it sweet time to reach the final position.

It's a small thing, but after seeing the zippy one-handed mode animation I suddenly really want an equally zippy task switcher!

Anyone else? Would a half-second delay for showing the task switcher be too fast?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i guess it depends on the number of background tasks as well. the number of multitask windows=slower transition to task switcher.
That might be true, but the slowest aspect of the experience is the length of the press needed to get there. Did you compare the long press on the windows key and on the task switcher? The task switcher takes twice as long.

I found some Feedback Hub reports with tens of votes, but the most I saw was 49 votes I think. Not sure if this is on MS' radar.

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
That might be true, but the slowest aspect of the experience is the length of the press needed to get there. Did you compare the long press on the windows key and on the task switcher? The task switcher takes twice as long.

I found some Feedback Hub reports with tens of votes, but the most I saw was 49 votes I think. Not sure if this is on MS' radar.

Got an interop-unlocked device?
You can speed-up the back arrow hold delay by editing the Registry.

Be default, both the Start Key Hold timeout and the Back Key Hold timeout are set at 300 ms.

If you want, you can reduce the timeout by changing the following value for BackHoldTimeout to anything less than 300.
You'll have to restart your device after applying the changes in Registry.

Registry Hive:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (HKLM)

Registry Key Path:
SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\CustomHoldDelays

Registry Value Name:
BackHoldTimeout

Registry Value Data:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member