Windows as a service....:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Have you ran the malware scans post #17? They are excellent programs from malwarebytes. Be nice to know if you are clear of malware!:wink:
I'll hang here until you finish the malware scan!:wink:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi @ Alain! That's good news. Good job! I have asked for help. Not sure if, or when anyone will post suggestions. I would do the in-place repair upgrade post #19.
It goes through a whole bunch of restarts. Some times it seems like it's hanging up. Goes fast some times and then just sits there other times. I had to use it to get my last update to complete. It would be good if you had a back up image created on a external drive. That's another story. It would be sad to go back to factory,but that could be the last resort! It's nap time my find. I have really enjoyed helping you with this issue. I'll check back later. I don't understand the .bat file not resetting the up dates. Good to hear no malware and no file errors!

Last edited:

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
in case you want a permanent solution and don't want to deal with this again, press Start, type services, hit enter key, find "Windowsupdate" double click on it, set it to disabled, click apply and click on the stop button, done

if you want updates for some reason, go to windowsupdate catalog site where you can find and download the packages to install them whenever you want

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
in case you want a permanent solution and don't want to deal with this again, press Start, type services, hit enter key, find "Windowsupdate" double click on it, set it to disabled, click apply and click on the stop button, done

if you want updates for some reason, go to windowsupdate catalog site where you can find and download the packages to install them whenever you want
Hi @EspHack! Thanks for your help. It is appreciated. Not sure I would stop windows updates however. Updates are created for your protection. Post #2 has information about windows update catalog. It would be a good idea to try the manual update if the OP didn't try it. It was suggested in post #2, but I don't know if it was tried. Thanks for helping. Team work is always good!:wink: You are appreciated!

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hum manual update. Got to read back post #2.
Right now my computer is rolling back again as I'm typing this. After I'll go and see for the manual update

edit..: downloading manually
Edit 2.: standalone updater in working process

Last edited:

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if I really need that update?
If the manual update doesn't work then I'll do what the other said. Cancelled it.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Manual update has not gone through. Computer is rolling back again.

Now time for in-place repair to see if that would do something

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Manual update has not gone through. Computer is rolling back again.

Now time for in-place repair to see if that would do something
Good luck! That will take awhile! It took me (2 hours+) Check back here later! It's been fun!:wink: I've done it a couple of times!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb