Windows as a service....:

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Now it is big BS big time. It might be possible that my laptop is bricked. I received an update today (I don't know what) and my laptop gave me an error saying I need to use an image or go inside the computer to change some value.(Eula????)
So I got out of that screen and the puter started to apply changes. Now it says can't complete the updates and it is rolling back.

Hopefully I will have my puter back

The error given was 00000x0

Edit.: that was in 3197954 that doesn't want to go in for updating

Last edited:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! Just wondering! Has your PC rolled back? If it has, check update history and see if there is a error code there!:wink:
Good luck.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi! Just wondering! Has your PC rolled back? If it has, check update history and see if there is a error code there!:wink:
Good luck.

yes it did finally rolled back, took a long time to uninstall the update by itself.
when I received the update I did not restart right away. when I was done with the computer I clicked update and shust down. when I came back to it that is when when it gave me the error 00000x0 <---- something like...

That same update KB3197954 always trying to install but it is not working.

again this morning same thing kb3197954 still want to install. but the last seven attempts failed for some raisons

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
As soon my computer reverse the update for the 8th times I'll check if I have in 3199986 installed then see from there
Sounds like a plan. I suggest running the update reset .bat file also! It wouldn't hurt to run sfc /scannow-DISM. That will make sure you don't have file errors.:wink:
Good luck!
Sometimes you may have an issue with Windows Update such as not being able to download or install updates, error messages, not being able to search for new updates, etc. These kind of issues can occur when the Windows Update database or components are corrupted, one or more services related to Windows Update are not running, etc.

Resetting the Windows Update components and history can usually solve these types of issues.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a plan. I suggest running the update reset .bat file also! It wouldn't hurt to run sfc /scannow-DISM. That will make sure you don't have file errors.:wink:
Good luck!
I have KB3199986 installed successfully

after KB3197954 failed 7 times

I guess I should try the .bat files next?

sfc/scannow-DISM for this one I need to read your thread again

I'm not a computer whiz but with good direction I can do pretty much everything in the computer which is a laptop from toshiba

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Give up is not in my vocabulary. I'm a 12 year cancer survivor. I'll stay with you as long as you want. Surely we can figure this thing out?
We may have to do a in-place upgrade repair. That would be the last thing to try!:grin:
PS I may need a nap soon. I'm very old and I have to have my naps! LMAO

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
ok it seems to me that the bat files was to flush DNS but I don't see that the update has been reset

running the sfc /scannow

Last edited:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi I'm running out of ideas. Maybe other techs will have some suggestions for you. The only thing I have left is a in-place repair upgrade. It takes a long time (2 hours+)
I have done two of them successfully, but there is a risk involved.
This is the claim made??
The repair of Windows 10, can resolve many problems in Windows 10 functionality and some times is the most reliable and quickest way to fix the Windows 10 malfunctions. Also the in-place Windows 10 upgrade, which performed with the repair process, ensures that Windows 10 have the latest updates and fixes installed.
How to repair Windows 10 with in-place upgrade. - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos
PS It's my nap time! I'll check back latter! Nice working with you!:wink:
How to repair Windows 10 with in-place upgrade. - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi Your screen shot is showing the update failed 7 times. I'm not sure why the .bat file didn't reset your updates? Have you ran the sfc /scannow-DISM.
We could also check for malware. Run these programs from Malwarebytes! Run the free version of malwarebytes! Make sure we aren't dealing with malware. These are excellent programs.:wink:
1) https://www.malwarebytes.com/
2) https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/
3 https://www.malwarebytes.com/junkwareremovaltool/

running #1====no threats

#2 done....it remove the stumble upon

#3 done...there was no junks

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members