Bugs that drive you crazy

NYCMetsPDX

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
If you aren't using driving directions in maps (and using airplane mode just to make sure the GPS is working) the GPS is fine, turn on driving directions though and no GPS signal is found. Use of transit directions (instead of driving) and the app finds the GPS signal no problem, not sure why driving is the issue but it drives me crazy.

barber76

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
For me, most annoying is Bluetooth issues.
And a whole scatter of small bugs here and there (unresponsive "Check for updates" settings option, from time to time camera app reports errors, then it's fixed, after some update it is reporting errors again, etc. etc.).
That being said, I really like the WM (especially 8.1) UI design (I just switched to Android, so can compare). I like that widgets are not separated from apps, I like square tiles, vertically scrolled homescreen, ability to pin separate tiles for different email inboxes.

creanyo

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
mmmmm, live tiles in general, but in outlook it is quite annoying and also the impossibility to forward a gmail, yahoo, etc email directly with attachemments as you can do with outlook, live email in the app.....How can that OS be focused in business if it can't do that???....

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Edge constantly reloads some pages.

Cut and paste is spotty.

Maps can't find driving directions to most locations outside of my local area.

The official FB app is absolute garbage, but I realize that's not MS's fault.

gbm97

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Change background picture then reverts back to full screen picture rather than my preferred tile picture.
No big deal but a bug that wish was squashed.

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Since last August Outlook has send emails without the senders name in the header, only the email address. This is by a big margin the most annoying thing I have noticed. Think it would be fixed by now, but they are saying it will come with Creators update. We will see...

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Change background picture then reverts back to full screen picture rather than my preferred tile picture.
No big deal but a bug that wish was squashed.
I forgot about that one, but yes, that's given me some "DARN IT!" moments as well.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The one recent time that I took my old 950XL out of the house I had to take a picture quickly, and of course exactly at that time the phone refused to launch the camera app when I pressed the camera button. Super frustrating! I had to unlock and launch with the camera tile. A bug like that should just not happen.

That said, the 950XL still takes ten times better pictures than my 6S+, so it's go that going for it. :)

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Not sure if its really a bug but I use Podcast Pro + a ton and at the end (or where every in the podcast) I decide to delete the podcast and move onto another one the old podcast doesn't clear out of memory and keeps playing when I try to play a different podcast. I usually have to open Groove and start to play something in order to clear the deleted podcast out of memory. Drives me nuts since I play a lot of podcasts.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077