The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-21-2016 01:41 PM
72 123
tools
    I ran chkdsk again, it ran and here are the concusions: The master file table's (MFT) BITMAP attribute is incorrect. Windows has checked the file system and found problems. Please run chkdsk /scan to find the problems and qeue them for repair.
    I ran chkdsk /scan: Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems. No further action is required.
    11-16-2016 12:05 PM
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth - ran it, allowed PC to resart, harddrive scanned until 10% and froze. i waited over an hour for it to change, nothing happened so had to force - shutdown.
    If sfc /scannow ran successfully, you don't need to run DISM. Run it only if sfc /scannow finds issues! Try setup again with the media creation tool!
    11-16-2016 12:10 PM
    If sfc /scannow ran successfully, you don't need to run DISM. Run it only if sfc /scannow finds issues! Try setup again with the media creation tool!
    Tried, still not working. "Setup couldn’t start properly, Please reboot your PC and run set up again"
    11-16-2016 12:17 PM
    I will try to delete update files in safe mode
    11-16-2016 12:18 PM
    Hi You may need to do a clean install. Here's link!
    http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Which PC did you create the media creation tool?
    Last edited by holdum333; 11-17-2016 at 10:39 AM.
    11-16-2016 12:28 PM
    Well deleting in safe mode didnt do squat. Same ****. tool was made on this computer (the one i cant fix). Tried the clean install today, it starts up, everything appears to be going smoothly. Aaaand then I get the same error "Set-up couldn’t start properly, please reboot your PC”
    11-16-2016 12:37 PM
    Well deleting in safe mode didnt do squat. Same ****. tool was made on this computer (the one i cant fix). Tried the clean install today, it starts up, everything appears to be going smoothly. Aaaand then I get the same error "Set-up couldnt start properly, please reboot your PC
    Hey, if you are still fighting with that errors then try this method. It will be 101% work. You can also check the package number under update history. (optional)Then download/install:Standalone package | Cumulative Update: MS CATALOG ; works only with INTERNET EXPLORER(and latest Edge browser)After opening this site, search for the package: +For Anniversary Update(RS1 / 1607 build): Click on thislink ++For Th2(1511 build): Click on this link# If you're stuck up with it then ask it again.We are waiting for the result.
    Last edited by Aman Deep Singh; 11-17-2016 at 01:35 AM.
    11-16-2016 12:50 PM
    Hi! Have you read post #30 Have you tried booting up with the Media tool? You may have to go into Bios and change boot order! Post # 30 should get you a clean install without changing the boot order. I haven't done it that way, so I can't say that for certain! Clean install will take awhile to complete!
    You need to save your data and you will lose your Apps.
    11-16-2016 12:56 PM
    Hi! @Aman! Thank you for helping. You are appreciated! Team work is always good!
    11-16-2016 01:01 PM
    Hi! Have you read post #30 Have you tried booting up with the Media tool? You may have to go into Bios and change boot order! Post # 30 should get you a clean install without changing the boot order. I haven't done it that way, so I can't say that for certain! Clean install will take awhile to complete!
    You need to save your data and you will lose your Apps.
    Hey! Don't mind but let her try my point b'cz I also suffered from the same problem ,Even MS Remote Troubleshooting support was unable to solve my problem. I hope you nvm☺
    Last edited by Aman Deep Singh; 11-16-2016 at 01:12 PM.
    11-16-2016 01:02 PM
    Hey friend! I don't mind your help with this issue at all. In fact I welcome your help. I have been fighting this for a long time and any suggestions are always welcome.
    11-16-2016 01:27 PM
    Hi Here's the last cumulative up date! Would be worth a shot!
    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft...px?q=KB3200970
    11-16-2016 01:49 PM
    Hey guys, txnk for your help sooo much, but i am sooo pissed off, gonna try this tomorrow :)
    11-16-2016 02:00 PM
    Hey guys, txnk for your help sooo much, but i am sooo pissed off, gonna try this tomorrow :)
    No problem! I understand. Look in your up date history and see which update failed and then do a search for it. There might also be a error code in update history.
    Have a great day. Some times good idea to walk away for awhile!
    Attached Thumbnails capture25.jpg  
    11-16-2016 02:04 PM
    No problem at all. We tried our best ☺
    Last edited by Aman Deep Singh; 11-16-2016 at 05:16 PM.
    11-16-2016 04:57 PM
    Thanks for helping @Aman. What are your thoughts about a clean install that I suggested?
    11-16-2016 05:10 PM
    Morning :) so I tried the update, thought that it will actually work. Everything was going fine, pc restarted, was installing, but at 96% it crashed again and started rolling back again 😣 will try clean install today, but not with iso file because this laptop is too small it doesn't have dvd slott.
    11-17-2016 01:49 AM
    What the hell?! I tried doing a clean install from usb drive, again, everything loads, starts setting up, and AGAIN crashes and says that setup could not run properly. And as an aded bonus, my taskbar is not working anymore! No matter how many times I click on windows, or press windows button on keybord, it doesn't open! Srsly wtf?!
    11-17-2016 03:36 AM
    Okay, i don't know what I did but it helped 😂 my usb with media creation tool was in, as pc restarted my niece get the hold of thr keybord and started playing the keybord. After 10minutes clean installed windows's options appeared. Gues my 1.5years old niece is better at this then I am 😂😂 now i plugged in media creation tool, appears to be working 😂
    11-17-2016 04:29 AM
    Ohhh fantastic.... the update AGAIN crashed (on a clean installed windows), and now when i turn pc there is only blue screen and it says
    "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.
    The boot configuration data is missing some required information.
    File: \BCD
    Error code: 0xc000000d
    You'll need recovery tools. If you don't have any instalation media (like disk or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.

Fantastic. Simply fantastic
    11-17-2016 09:17 AM
    Hi Not sure what all you're doing. Sounds like you're doing a clean install with USB. I have never attempted to do a clean install that way. I go into the F12 and set the boot order to boot from USB. It will take a long time to install; and if it works, you'll have a PC that's all cleaned up with W10. I knew you could Get-er-Done.
    Now you need to pass all this knowledge you learned on to other PC users. Sorry it was this much trouble. Just to make sure I understand; did you follow the procedure in post#30, and is everything working and all updated? I just woke up. Slept in late to day. You wore me out.
    11-17-2016 09:39 AM
    Hi just read your post! This is getting ridiculous. See if you can get into the Advanced Startup. Then try a reset!
    Start your computer and follow the POST, when Windows should begin loading, press the power button to shutdown your computer.

Repeat the previous step twice, and in the third restart the operating system should enter into the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE), where a number of diagnostics will be performed to try fix any booting issues, but you will also get an option to access the Windows Startup Settings.
    11-17-2016 09:48 AM
    Hi! I will stay with you as long as you want. I'm starting to think you may have a hardware problem. I'm not believing you crashed right after a clean install. Are you saying it crashed again while trying to update? Going to make coffee. Be right back. Dang I wish I were there to help you!
    PS Will monitor Stream and wait for your reply!:
    11-17-2016 10:02 AM
    Hi Here's a better tutorial by my friend Shawn Brinks on how to boot from a USB W10. This should give you a clean install of W10. You need to save your data before performing this procedure! Thiswill take you back to factory! Hope this helps anyone watching this thread!
    http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html
    11-17-2016 10:34 AM
    Thanks will try that tomorrow :) yeah, it was fine after clean install, i pressed it to update, it downloaded all files, everything was working completely, and then it restarted as it was suppose to, applied the updates up to 96%, and when it reached 97% windows instantly wrote could not finish updates, rolling back the process. After a while the screen was black and computer shut down itselt. I turned it on and from then i have this error. Yeah maybe it is just my bad luck and hardware just happened to crash at the same moment... but i really appreciate the help :) :*
    11-17-2016 11:11 AM
72 123