November update fail

Hanakitty

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Clicked on File Explorer- Right click on c: drive- Left click Properties-Click Tools- Windows successfully scanned the drive. No errors were found.

Hanakitty

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth - ran it, allowed PC to resart, harddrive scanned until 10% and froze. i waited over an hour for it to change, nothing happened so had to force - shutdown.

Hanakitty

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I ran chkdsk again, it ran and here are the concusions: The master file table's (MFT) BITMAP attribute is incorrect. Windows has checked the file system and found problems. Please run chkdsk /scan to find the problems and qeue them for repair.
I ran chkdsk /scan: Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems. No further action is required.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth - ran it, allowed PC to resart, harddrive scanned until 10% and froze. i waited over an hour for it to change, nothing happened so had to force - shutdown.
If sfc /scannow ran successfully:wink:, you don't need to run DISM. Run it only if sfc /scannow finds issues! Try setup again with the media creation tool!

Hanakitty

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
If sfc /scannow ran successfully:wink:, you don't need to run DISM. Run it only if sfc /scannow finds issues! Try setup again with the media creation tool!

Tried, still not working. "Setup couldn’t start properly, Please reboot your PC and run set up again"

Hanakitty

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Well deleting in safe mode didnt do squat. Same ****. :angry: tool was made on this computer (the one i cant fix). Tried the clean install today, it starts up, everything appears to be going smoothly. Aaaand then I get the same error "Set-up couldn’t start properly, please reboot your PC”

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Well deleting in safe mode didnt do squat. Same ****. :angry: tool was made on this computer (the one i cant fix). Tried the clean install today, it starts up, everything appears to be going smoothly. Aaaand then I get the same error "Set-up couldn?t start properly, please reboot your PC?
Hey, if you are still fighting with that errors then try this method. It will be 101% work. ? You can also check the package number under update history. (optional)?Then download/install:Standalone package | Cumulative Update: MS CATALOG ; works only with INTERNET EXPLORER(and latest Edge browser)?After opening this site, search for the package: +For Anniversary Update(RS1 / 1607 build): Click on thislink ++For Th2(1511 build): Click on this link# If you're stuck up with it then ask it again.We are waiting for the result.

Last edited:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! Have you read post #30 Have you tried booting up with the Media tool? You may have to go into Bios and change boot order! Post # 30 should get you a clean install without changing the boot order. I haven't done it that way, so I can't say that for certain! Clean install will take awhile to complete!
You need to save your data and you will lose your Apps.:wink:

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi! Have you read post #30 Have you tried booting up with the Media tool? You may have to go into Bios and change boot order! Post # 30 should get you a clean install without changing the boot order. I haven't done it that way, so I can't say that for certain! Clean install will take awhile to complete!
You need to save your data and you will lose your Apps.:wink:

Hey! Don't mind but let her try my point b'cz I also suffered from the same problem ,Even MS Remote Troubleshooting support was unable to solve my problem. I hope you nvm☺

Last edited:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hey friend! I don't mind your help with this issue at all. In fact I welcome your help.:wink: I have been fighting this for a long time and any suggestions are always welcome.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, txnk for your help sooo much, but i am sooo pissed off, gonna try this tomorrow :)
No problem! I understand. Look in your up date history and see which update failed and then do a search for it. There might also be a error code in update history.
Have a great day. Some times good idea to walk away for awhile!:wink:

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb