November update fail

Hanakitty

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Morning :) so I tried the update, thought that it will actually work. Everything was going fine, pc restarted, was installing, but at 96% it crashed again and started rolling back again 😣 will try clean install today, but not with iso file because this laptop is too small it doesn't have dvd slott.

Hanakitty

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
What the hell?! I tried doing a clean install from usb drive, again, everything loads, starts setting up, and AGAIN crashes and says that setup could not run properly. And as an aded bonus, my taskbar is not working anymore! No matter how many times I click on windows, or press windows button on keybord, it doesn't open! Srsly wtf?!

Hanakitty

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Okay, i don't know what I did but it helped 😂 my usb with media creation tool was in, as pc restarted my niece get the hold of thr keybord and started playing the keybord. After 10minutes clean installed windows's options appeared. Gues my 1.5years old niece is better at this then I am 😂😂 now i plugged in media creation tool, appears to be working 😂

Hanakitty

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Ohhh fantastic.... the update AGAIN crashed (on a clean installed windows), and now when i turn pc there is only blue screen and it says
"Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.
The boot configuration data is missing some required information.
File: \BCD
Error code: 0xc000000d
You'll need recovery tools. If you don't have any instalation media (like disk or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.

Fantastic. Simply fantastic

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Not sure what all you're doing. Sounds like you're doing a clean install with USB. I have never attempted to do a clean install that way. I go into the F12 and set the boot order to boot from USB. It will take a long time to install; and if it works, you'll have a PC that's all cleaned up with W10. I knew you could Get-er-Done.
Now you need to pass all this knowledge you learned on to other PC users.:cool: Sorry it was this much trouble. Just to make sure I understand; did you follow the procedure in post#30, and is everything working and all updated? I just woke up. Slept in late to day. You wore me out.:smile:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi just read your post! This is getting ridiculous. See if you can get into the Advanced Startup. Then try a reset!
Start your computer and follow the POST, when Windows should begin loading, press the power button to shutdown your computer.

Repeat the previous step twice, and in the third restart the operating system should enter into the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE), where a number of diagnostics will be performed to try fix any booting issues, but you will also get an option to access the Windows Startup Settings.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I will stay with you as long as you want. I'm starting to think you may have a hardware problem. I'm not believing you crashed right after a clean install. Are you saying it crashed again while trying to update? Going to make coffee. Be right back. Dang I wish I were there to help you!
PS Will monitor Stream and wait for your reply!:wink::

Hanakitty

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Thanks will try that tomorrow :) yeah, it was fine after clean install, i pressed it to update, it downloaded all files, everything was working completely, and then it restarted as it was suppose to, applied the updates up to 96%, and when it reached 97% windows instantly wrote could not finish updates, rolling back the process. After a while the screen was black and computer shut down itselt. I turned it on and from then i have this error. Yeah maybe it is just my bad luck and hardware just happened to crash at the same moment... but i really appreciate the help :) :*

Hanakitty

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
This link you gave me is not an option for me, because windows is not starting at all. When I turn on pc there is just blue screen and what I wrote earlier

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi fiend! That sounds like a plan to me. The on-off (3 times) should take you to the Advanced Startup. I'm really sorry nothing seems to work. i have given it my best shot. Let me know how things go tomorrow or when ever! I've really enjoyed working with you on this issue and sad that nothing seems to work for you!:cry:
Good luck and let me know of any progress! This is unreal!

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Ohhh fantastic.... the update AGAIN crashed (on a clean installed windows), and now when i turn pc there is only blue screen and it says
"Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.
The boot configuration data is missing some required information.
File: \BCD
Error code: 0xc000000d
You'll need recovery tools. If you don't have any instalation media (like disk or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.

Fantastic. Simply fantastic
Have you getting problem with desktop PC?

Maybe,it's hardware problem.
Try some of these steps to confirm your hardware problem:
1. Re-insert and clean the RAM chip(s).
Else
2. REPLUG your hard disk .

ALL please tell that,
Is this problem occurs with win10 or win 7/8.1 too?

Hanakitty

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Have you getting problem with desktop PC?

Maybe,it's hardware problem.
Try some of these steps to confirm your hardware problem:
1. Re-insert and clean the RAM chip(s).
Else
2. REPLUG your hard disk .

ALL please tell that,
Is this problem occurs with win10 or win 7/8.1 too?

My pc is laptop. Windows 10. And it was working PERFECT until the latest november update

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! @Aman Deep has some good suggestions. IMHO at this time with a blue screen and not being able to get to Advanced Startup with the on-off 3 times; a boot using the media creation tool to install W10 is your only option. I'm going to take a nap and regroup. Be back latter! Wondering if you can even get a clean install again? If you do get a clean install, might try the reset this time and not try down loading the update.
Good luck! Thanks for helping Aman Deep! I agree,sure could be a hardware problem!

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Had the same issue, using the download history check to see WHICH UPDATES FAILED, jot down the KB numbers then manually DL them from here >> Microsoft Update Catalog
Put the KB number into the search box, DL the updates that FAILED, after several RE-Starts, your problem will go away....
(once downloaded you simply click on them to initiate them much like an .exe file)

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi @Rosebank! Thanks for joining this thread! Team work is good. Maybe the three of us will get this problem solved! This has really been a problem. Will wait and see what the OP has to say. Right now she has a blue screen with a boot problem! Hoping she can boot with the media creation tool and get a clean install of W10. Thanks for helping Aman Deep! See post# 51

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
This link you gave me is not an option for me, because windows is not starting at all. When I turn on pc there is just blue screen and what I wrote earlier
while Starting your laptop,, Press f8 or f12 continuously to go to BOOT menu. There should be an option for diagnosis.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12