November update fail

Hanakitty

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
My both computers cannot finnish the new uodate that came out 11/11. Everything charges up to 100%, the computer restarts as needed, but after restart it just says could not finish update. I have tried to download the update manually, but it was the same. No SD/usb port is connected to the computer during update. My first computer is Dell, another Asus. Both laptops.

Hanakitty

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
No error code, it just restarts and one-colour screen appears like allways during update that says we couldn't complete the update, undoing changes, please do not turn off your computer.
After its done undoing the changes, the computer starts normally, without any errors as well.
I don't have any antivirus except windows provided.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi This is the what I had to do to get the update to install. Wait to see if abhishek has better advice!. How to repair Windows 10 with in-place upgrade. - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos
The repair of Windows 10, can resolve many problems in Windows 10 functionality and some times is the most reliable and quickest way to fix the Windows 10 malfunctions. Also the in-place Windows 10 upgrade, which performed with the repair process, ensures that Windows 10 have the latest updates and fixes installed.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi You might try resetting windows updates. Here's a .bat file from Shawn Brinks! Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
Sometimes you may have an issue with Windows Update such as not being able to download or install updates, error messages, not being able to search for new updates, etc. These kind of issues can occur when the Windows Update database or components are corrupted, one or more services related to Windows Update are not running, etc.

Resetting the Windows Update components and history can usually solve these types of issues.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi You might try resetting windows updates. Here's a .bat file from Shawn Brinks! Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
PS I can only help you if you respond to my suggestions.:wink:
Sometimes you may have an issue with Windows Update such as not being able to download or install updates, error messages, not being able to search for new updates, etc. These kind of issues can occur when the Windows Update database or components are corrupted, one or more services related to Windows Update are not running, etc.
The following steps can resolve many Windows upgrade problems:

Remove nonessential external hardware, such as docks and USB devices.
Check all hard drives for errors and attempt repairs. To automatically repair hard drives, open an elevated command prompt, switch to the drive you wish to repair, and type the following command ' chkdsk /F '. You will be required to reboot the computer if the hard drive being repaired is also the system drive.
Attept to restore and repair system files by typing the following commands ( DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth , sfc /scannow ) at an elevated command prompt. It may take several minutes for the command operations to be completed. For more information, see Repair a Windows Image [ https://msdn.microsoft.com/windows/h...windows-image].
Update Windows so that all available recommended updates are installed.
Uninstall non-Microsoft antivirus software.
Uninstall all nonessential software.
Update firmware and drivers.
Ensure that "Download and install updates (recommended)" is accepted at the start of the upgrade process.
Verify at least 16 GB of free space is available to upgrade a 32-bit OS, or 20 GB for a 64-bit OS and 2gb atleast for Windows 10 mobile.

Resetting the Windows Update components and history can usually solve these types of issues.

Hanakitty

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Tried this today, when i press setup, the program turns on but freezes. Tried resetting the system via windows and failed also. Now I will try to reset windows updates...

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi looks like you will need the media creation tool. Very strange that you have two PCs and neither will update. You say when you click setup, PC freezes. You say reset doesn't work. The only thing left, is to save your data and use the media creation tool to install W10. Here's Windows Central 'How to'
Use the Microsoft media creation tool to force the Windows 10 Anniversary Update today | Windows Central
PS I have used the setup procedure at least 3 times and it worked great. It took 2 hours, but it completed each time! Sorry you are having so much trouble. I wish I could be there and help you with this problem!:wink:

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 5

Hanakitty

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Media creation tool helped with dell computer, but another one refuses to start media creation tool... i run the program, it starts but freezes immedialty, and message comes on that the program did not run properly, try restarting your computer :( i tried to reinstall windows all together, the program doesn't run properly al well. Tried to scan the hardrive, it also freezes at 10%. Seriously, I tried everything I could find on internet...

Hanakitty

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
i ran chkdsk and scannow, it scans up to 10%, then it freezes. Now i tried clean install, everything downloads, and then it still says that could not run the problem, restart computer and try again :( yes I fixed dell with media creation tool

Hanakitty

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Sorry other computer brand is acer not asus. Always forget :D And i bought it one year ago it was with windows 8 then it upgraded to 10. I ran chkdsk again, it ran and here are the concusions: The master file table's (MFT) BITMAP attribute is incorrect. Windows has checked the file system and found problems. Please run chkdsk /scan to find the problems and qeue them for repair.
I ran chkdsk /scan: Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems. No further action is required.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Will chkdsk run and complete! Click on File Explorer- Right click on c: drive- Left click Properties-Click Tools!

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 24

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs