The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-21-2016 01:41 PM
72 123
tools
    My both computers cannot finnish the new uodate that came out 11/11. Everything charges up to 100%, the computer restarts as needed, but after restart it just says could not finish update. I have tried to download the update manually, but it was the same. No SD/usb port is connected to the computer during update. My first computer is Dell, another Asus. Both laptops.
    11-13-2016 06:38 AM
    is there any error code that is displayed after the notification? have you disabled any third party antivirus program on your system?

If you need additional help or want to reply to this thread , learn how to join windows central.
    11-13-2016 06:47 AM
    No error code, it just restarts and one-colour screen appears like allways during update that says we couldn't complete the update, undoing changes, please do not turn off your computer.
    After its done undoing the changes, the computer starts normally, without any errors as well.
    I don't have any antivirus except windows provided.
    11-13-2016 06:58 AM
    Hi This is the what I had to do to get the update to install. Wait to see if abhishek has better advice!. How to repair Windows 10 with in-place upgrade. - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos
    The repair of Windows 10, can resolve many problems in Windows 10 functionality and some times is the most reliable and quickest way to fix the Windows 10 malfunctions. Also the in-place Windows 10 upgrade, which performed with the repair process, ensures that Windows 10 have the latest updates and fixes installed.
    11-13-2016 08:18 AM
    Hi You might try resetting windows updates. Here's a .bat file from Shawn Brinks! Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Sometimes you may have an issue with Windows Update such as not being able to download or install updates, error messages, not being able to search for new updates, etc. These kind of issues can occur when the Windows Update database or components are corrupted, one or more services related to Windows Update are not running, etc.

Resetting the Windows Update components and history can usually solve these types of issues.
    11-13-2016 03:16 PM
    Hi You might try resetting windows updates. Here's a .bat file from Shawn Brinks! Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    PS I can only help you if you respond to my suggestions.
    Sometimes you may have an issue with Windows Update such as not being able to download or install updates, error messages, not being able to search for new updates, etc. These kind of issues can occur when the Windows Update database or components are corrupted, one or more services related to Windows Update are not running, etc.
    The following steps can resolve many Windows upgrade problems:

Remove nonessential external hardware, such as docks and USB devices.
    Check all hard drives for errors and attempt repairs. To automatically repair hard drives, open an elevated command prompt, switch to the drive you wish to repair, and type the following command ' chkdsk /F '. You will be required to reboot the computer if the hard drive being repaired is also the system drive.
    Attept to restore and repair system files by typing the following commands ( DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth , sfc /scannow ) at an elevated command prompt. It may take several minutes for the command operations to be completed. For more information, see Repair a Windows Image [ https://msdn.microsoft.com/windows/h...windows-image].
    Update Windows so that all available recommended updates are installed.
    Uninstall non-Microsoft antivirus software.
    Uninstall all nonessential software.
    Update firmware and drivers.
    Ensure that "Download and install updates (recommended)" is accepted at the start of the upgrade process.
    Verify at least 16 GB of free space is available to upgrade a 32-bit OS, or 20 GB for a 64-bit OS and 2gb atleast for Windows 10 mobile.

Resetting the Windows Update components and history can usually solve these types of issues.
    11-13-2016 03:19 PM
    Tried this today, when i press setup, the program turns on but freezes. Tried resetting the system via windows and failed also. Now I will try to reset windows updates...
    11-14-2016 05:32 AM
    And it is not resetting, the program says cannot finish because windows update failed to stop....
    11-14-2016 05:58 AM
    Hi looks like you will need the media creation tool. Very strange that you have two PCs and neither will update. You say when you click setup, PC freezes. You say reset doesn't work. The only thing left, is to save your data and use the media creation tool to install W10. Here's Windows Central 'How to'
    Use the Microsoft media creation tool to force the Windows 10 Anniversary Update today | Windows Central
    PS I have used the setup procedure at least 3 times and it worked great. It took 2 hours, but it completed each time! Sorry you are having so much trouble. I wish I could be there and help you with this problem!
    Attached Thumbnails capture25.jpg  
    11-14-2016 10:39 AM
    Media creation tool helped with dell computer, but another one refuses to start media creation tool... i run the program, it starts but freezes immedialty, and message comes on that the program did not run properly, try restarting your computer :( i tried to reinstall windows all together, the program doesn't run properly al well. Tried to scan the hardrive, it also freezes at 10%. Seriously, I tried everything I could find on internet...
    11-16-2016 08:19 AM
    I guess i will try again with your link, hope ot will help
    11-16-2016 08:22 AM
    Hi So Dell is good?? Trouble on Asus? Have you ran a chkdsk on your Asus. Have you ran sfc /scannow-Dism?
    11-16-2016 09:35 AM
    Hi If you have questions,please ask if you need to know how to do these things. Does the Asus have W10 installed?
    11-16-2016 10:08 AM
    i ran chkdsk and scannow, it scans up to 10%, then it freezes. Now i tried clean install, everything downloads, and then it still says that could not run the problem, restart computer and try again :( yes I fixed dell with media creation tool
    11-16-2016 10:10 AM
    run the program* restart computer and try again
    11-16-2016 10:11 AM
    Hi ! I need to know if chkdsk completes and if if finds and fixes any bad sectors !
    11-16-2016 10:19 AM
    Sorry other computer brand is acer not asus. Always forget :D And i bought it one year ago it was with windows 8 then it upgraded to 10. I ran chkdsk again, it ran and here are the concusions: The master file table's (MFT) BITMAP attribute is incorrect. Windows has checked the file system and found problems. Please run chkdsk /scan to find the problems and qeue them for repair.
    I ran chkdsk /scan: Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems. No further action is required.
    11-16-2016 10:22 AM
    chkdsk freezes at 10%, tired it yesterday, I waited for 2 hours it didn't changed
    11-16-2016 10:28 AM
    jeez, again. not chkdsk, scannow freezes at 10%. sorry
    11-16-2016 10:29 AM
    Hi Will chkdsk run and complete! Click on File Explorer- Right click on c: drive- Left click Properties-Click Tools!
    Attached Thumbnails capture25.jpg  
    11-16-2016 10:44 AM
    Here's how to run sfc /scannow-Dism! Here's link from HTG!
    How to Repair Corrupted Windows System Files with the SFC and DISM Commands
    You shouldn’t normally have to run the DISM command. However, if the SFC command fails to run properly or can’t replace a corrupted file with the correct one, the DISM command or System Update Readiness Tool can fix the underlying Windows system and make SFC run correctly.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-16-2016 10:57 AM
    sfc / scannow run properly this time, says Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
    11-16-2016 11:58 AM
    sfc / scannow run properly this time, says “Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.”
    That's great! How about chkdsk! Have you ran it?? Post number 20!
    11-16-2016 12:02 PM
    Clicked on File Explorer- Right click on c: drive- Left click Properties-Click Tools- Windows successfully scanned the drive. No errors were found.
    11-16-2016 12:02 PM
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth - ran it, allowed PC to resart, harddrive scanned until 10% and froze. i waited over an hour for it to change, nothing happened so had to force - shutdown.
    11-16-2016 12:04 PM
72 123