Lost contacts with either the live.com (update) or the windows 10 mobile update

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else having issue finding some of their contacts in the new live update. My wife lost her contact groups she created. And I am searching on my device and can't find notable contacts like my father etc. Anyone else have this happen and is there a way to fix?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what caused my issue a couple of weeks ago, I was using Skype preview to send SMS and it made a real mess of my contacts both in the preview but was infecting my contacts in the People app, so I decided to break the SMS through Skype, and coincidently during that process all my contacts in the People app lost their pictures, so I whilst having a tidy up I looked in Outlook online and I had contacts from Google from years ago showing up (Many I had deleted) and it also looked a mess so I made sure I had no contacts in Google then took off the link to allow contacts showing up, somehow during that process my online and subsequently People app tidied up, I still had to add in pictures again but all has been stable since then.

Can't say if it was Skype preview, Google contacts or Outlook/live that had messed up but I am now using Skype preview for Skyping and messaging and Cortana to send/receive SMS and I am much happier with the result.

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply this site acts funny with my edge/ie. As stated I hate I lost pictures and the fact that I have tried to migrate everything to MS on personal side. Maybe I should keep contacts on google just in case.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Trying to get rid of Google from my life, I have a Gmail account and although no contacts left, I still use the email address although mainly for junk but it is still my security email address for my MS account.

Slowly weaning off of it, in some ways I was more disappointed to how Skype preview using SMS mucked up my contacts, no problem with the syncing of contacts but when you get an SMS from someone it really makes a mess of things (OK I admit I am a bit of a pedant and like order).

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Same here I use mine for old junk email items, but I can say my contact info hasn't been lost or changed (without my consent) since I have had it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro