Docking stations

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
A bit of a follow on to this thread:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/continuum/432686-continuum-usb-c.html#post3578799

As far as I can make out you don't need a dock to use Continuum just a USB C to HDMI cable (If you don't want to use Wireless of course).

Does this mean that any dock will work for any phone, we now have the 950, 950XL, HP Elite 3, Alcatel and Acer Continuum phones so if you have the Microsoft dock, will this work with any of these phones?

Obviously other docks actually hold the phones so would either need an adapter to hold a smaller phone and I do believe the HP version has these plastic adaptors, but does the principle work in any direction, so if you bought the Alcatel as long as say a 950 wouldn't fall out, could you use it's dock for any of the other phones?

And a quick other question, is my above list of Continuum phones complete?

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
yes/no. after my experience with NexDock, some usb-c to hdmi adapters don't work with win10m. they list the dell, hp, and another usb-c to hdmi which name escapes me as ones that work. I can vouch for this, since I got a plugable usb-c to hdmi, and it did not work with my phone.

ashyu

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I recently bought a generic USB Type C dongle that has one HDMI, USB 3.1, and Gigabit Ethernet port. It was marketed as for the new Macbook or the Google Pixel C. Everything on it works, except that when connected with HDMI, it seems to only display at 720p. I have the Microsoft Display Dock too, and that displays at 1080p, so I know it's not my display that doesn't work at 1080p - somehow it is the dongle/dock that makes a difference... I haven't quite figured out why/how yet though.

Has anyone seen that before? Only 720p?

The specifications of the dongle says: "Support resolution up to 1920*1080 @60Hz in DP1.2 in SST mode"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb