Continuum is slow and lags!

biltaji

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I am using continuum with my 950. To be honest it's sort of cool but I am facing problems when it comes to speed. Especially when i use Edge it laggs ans it is slow as hell. It's sort if annoying and bothering. I dont know why though Microsoft said this could replace a laptop or desktop but they should find a solution for the speed. Especially when connected to a wireless keyboard..

I am enjoying the outlook app especially when sending and receiving emails and opening documents. Second issue is the synergy between OneDrive and Continuum via 950. It's annoying especially the speed when opening OneDrive and when saving documents and attaching them to emails. Pretty slow though it shouldn't be.

Anyone facing same problem. I still didn't mention the heating issue while connected to Continuum.

SlideWRX

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Edge desperately needs to allow extensions like adblock and ghostery to reduce the amount of fluff that web pages add on. I tried posting to these forums on continuum edge and I simply couldn't. So much background crap loaded, it took 10 seconds or more to register clicks, or just nothing at all.

I don't use Onedrive really so can't give you any feedback there.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
If you are using continuum wirelessly that adds quite a bit to the lag, wired would be better in that case if it annoys you too much. But I find it quite nice, if a little slow yeah. Though the slowness not caused by the wireless connection could have a few solutions:

1. You could try other browsers (like Monument Browser, or Opera Mini, I think both have add block stuff).

2. Of course if Microsoft can make this better with updates we'll all be thankful though I think it isn't that bad. But also of course, a better processor would help the most. (HP Elite, Alcatel Idol, even 950xl has a better processor though it supposedly heats up a lot.)

As I said, I find it quite usable and do use it a lot for several different activities.

Tourniquet

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I am using continuum with my 950. To be honest it's sort of cool but I am facing problems when it comes to speed. Especially when i use Edge it laggs ans it is slow as hell. It's sort if annoying and bothering. I dont know why though Microsoft said this could replace a laptop or desktop but they should find a solution for the speed. Especially when connected to a wireless keyboard..

I am enjoying the outlook app especially when sending and receiving emails and opening documents. Second issue is the synergy between OneDrive and Continuum via 950. It's annoying especially the speed when opening OneDrive and when saving documents and attaching them to emails. Pretty slow though it shouldn't be.

Anyone facing same problem. I still didn't mention the heating issue while connected to Continuum.

You're totally right. Continuum is slow as hell. I honestly wonder why that is. I can have Metro IE open on my Lumia 2520 (Windows RT / Snapdragon 800) have 20 tabs open and its just "fast and fluid", but with Continuum on a more powerfull processor and a slimmer OS it is totally worse. How can that be? My guess is: Windows 10. It's just not optimized.

forumuser3

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
So far I haven't had too many problems. I regularly play world of tanks blitz via continuum and Microsoft wireless adapter (version 2) without any slow down. Guess I must be lucky.

SlideWRX

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Using monument to post this reply. Responding 100 times faster than edge. WC needs to drop all the tracker and java scripts and reduce the advertising load! I tried to sign up for the Alcatel phone contest on WC through continuum, and I couldn't. I loaded up my laptop with Firefox and Ghostery, and the page listed 18 tracking apps!! RIDICULOUS!!!

Last edited:

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Holy crap Monument with the ad blocker is like a million times better than Edge. It's a shame that MS hasn't released an ad blocker for Edge, because all the ads essentially ruin the Continuum experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon