Can't update Windows 10

Azeroth08

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Hello Guys, I am facing this weird issue on my lenovo z50-70, I am not able to update my win 10 home to latest anniversary update I tried from win update process and also tried to fresh install latest iso.
when updating from Win update it gets stuck at 32% and when I tried to clean install updated iso it gets stuck at *copying files* or *installing updates*.I have tried trid two different ISO(s) but faced same thing with both of them.
Thanks

Edit: Why the issues in clean installation?

Last edited:

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hey, if you are still fighting with that errors then try this method. It will be 101% work. ? You can also check the package number under update history. (optional)?Then download/install:Standalone package | Cumulative Update: MS CATALOG ; works only with INTERNET EXPLORER(and latest Edge browser)?After opening this site, search for the package: +For Anniversary Update(RS1 / 1607 build): Click on thislink ++For Th2(1511 build): Click on this link# If you're stuck up with it then ask it again.We are waiting for the result.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi friend! @ Aman Deep! Thanks for joining! I created a thread that uses your theory. This works with Firefox. I got a seniors PC to update yesterday with this method. Give this a look and tell me what you think! Team work is good! Here's link to my thread!
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/445681-heres-how-run-failed-update.html

It is understand able that I also wrote edge browser. From previous 2 builds, this site is working on other latest browsers.
But they have to provide link to download via Internet download accelerator (FOR SLOW NET CONNECTION USERS)

If nothing works, then IE is the only option for w7,8.1,w10(th2) users ;)

-thank you

Azeroth08

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Hey, if you are still fighting with that errors then try this method. It will be 101% work. ? You can also check the package number under update history. (optional)?Then download/install:Standalone package | Cumulative Update: MS CATALOG ; works only with INTERNET EXPLORER(and latest Edge browser)?After opening this site, search for the package: +For Anniversary Update(RS1 / 1607 build): Click on thislink ++For Th2(1511 build): Click on this link# If you're stuck up with it then ask it again.We are waiting for the result.

I am just too annoyed now, formatted my whole hdd, tried fresh install, didn't work then I installed 8.1 then tried to update from there using official iso
nothing worked.
Edit : I tried searching for "anniversary update (rs1 / 1607 build), it says couldn't find anything.

Edit2: only working win10 iso is version:10240. Currently using this version only

Edit 3: tried downloading "kb3176929" from here https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=1607 when sorted via size.
It gave an error " update is not valid for your system".

Last edited:

Azeroth08

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
win update error.jpg
You see that "feature update to win10, version 1607" it always fail to install update so I dont know which update file to manually download from ms catalog.
By third link in you reply , do I have to download each update for initial release in order to update to latest version?
I havent tried that 2nd link tool as I am kinda low on data.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi friend! I have no idea what you're asking! The link I gave you is the latest build for W10. That will give you the anniversary update. That's the latest build for W10. Please attach a screen shot of your update history!

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    234.7 KB · Views: 4

Azeroth08

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
update history 1.jpg
update history 2.jpg

Here is win 10 update history

I have removed oem and recovery partitions by mistake but then I formatted the whole hdd and installed win 8.1 from iso worked fine after that i upgraded it to win 10 build 10240 from iso also workd fine

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Friend Thanks for your screen shots. The only thing left to try IMHO is a in-place repair upgrade. You shouldn't lose any thing and hopefully you will get the latest build and all the updates. Good luck. This procedure will take a long time, so be patient. Your PC will start several times. This is the best I can do for you. Sorry you're having such a hard time.
How to repair Windows 10 with in-place upgrade. - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos
The repair of Windows 10, can resolve many problems in Windows 10 functionality and some times is the most reliable and quickest way to fix the Windows 10 malfunctions. Also the in-place Windows 10 upgrade, which performed with the repair process, ensures that Windows 10 have the latest updates and fixes installed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786