Can't update Windows 10

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi What happened when you did the in-place repair? How long did it take? Did you do it as administrator. Does your media look like this. You might want to refresh your Media Creation Tool and give it another try!:wink:

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    172.8 KB · Views: 3

Azeroth08

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi What happened when you did the in-place repair? How long did it take? Did you do it as administrator. Does your media look like this. You might want to refresh your Media Creation Tool and give it another try!:wink:

I did with admin rights, it got stuck around 30%

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
I did with admin rights, it got stuck around 30%
How long did you wait? It will look like it's stuck at times. Last time I did one, it took nearly 3 hours. Does your recovery media look like mine. I used a 16GB PNY flash to down load the MCT. You might give it another try. I don't remember every thing, but several times I thought it was stuck. Give it another try and hopefully it will complete. That's all I know to do! I have ran the in-place 3 or 4 times and it has always completed.:wink: Get a fresh down load of the MCT:smile:

Azeroth08

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
How long did you wait? It will look like it's stuck at times. Last time I did one, it took nearly 3 hours. Does your recovery media look like mine. I used a 16GB PNY flash to down load the MCT. You might give it another try. I don't remember every thing, but several times I thought it was stuck. Give it another try and hopefully it will complete. That's all I know to do! I have ran the in-place 3 or 4 times and it has always completed.:wink: Get a fresh down load of the MCT:smile:

I waited at 30% for more than an hour after that those rotating dots stuck , thats how I knew that its stuck.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
I waited at 30% for more than an hour after that those rotating dots stuck , thats how I knew that its stuck.
As I stated, it took nearly 3 hours to complete. I have seen those rotating dots many times. You seem to have a good knowledge of W10. I have given you every procedure that I know, to get the anniversary update to install.. The windows in-place works for me. That's the best I can do for you!

Azeroth08

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
As I stated, it took nearly 3 hours to complete. I have seen those rotating dots many times. You seem to have a good knowledge of W10. I have given you every procedure that I know, to get the anniversary update to install.. The windows in-place works for me. That's the best I can do for you!

Will give it 3-4 hours even if its stuck and see if some progress occurs.

cactuspete23

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I had similar problem and had to expand one of the hidden sections of my HD that Win 10 use. It needed like an extra 200mb or something. I'll look for the link explaining this if you need it.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! Happy to hear you solved your issue. Now you have to pass forward the knowledge you learned to others. Never look for logic when dealing with computers. It will make you crazy!:smile: What else did you do besides increasing your reserved partition?
The last thing I heard, was you were going to let the in-place repair run for a few hours!

Azeroth08

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Here you go friend! https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3086249
Resolution 2: If you're already running Windows 10, it's highly unlikely that the System Reserved partition is smaller than it's required. However, many times third-party software, such as antivirus and other security apps, may write data to the System Reserved partition filling it up

TBH I never got this error but as you know I had tried almost everything So I read this somewhere and tried :p

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Is is hard for you to share how you solved your problem?:confused: The last thing I heard, was you were going to run a in-place repair. The partition issue you said you done 3 days ago and that might have helped. Sharing all steps that you done to solve your issue might help other members.:wink:
Then what after expanding the partition??

Azeroth08

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi Is is hard for you to share how you solved your problem?:confused: The last thing I heard, was you were going to run a in-place repair. The partition issue you said you done 3 days ago and that might have helped. Sharing all steps that you done to solve your issue might help other members.:wink:
Then what after expanding the partition??

I expanded system reserved partition then ran win10 updater tool which is there on windows 10 update history page.https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12387/windows-10-update-history
IDK exactly what helped my case

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99