Let's get Real MS!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Lets Get real MS I don't even use your dang edge browser!:wink: You are pathetic. OH well,lets hope you do better in the future! LMAO.
I have no worries. I have at least 10 back up images on a external drive. Yes @ Guytronic, I'm bored my friend, but I'm not worried. I'm fearless! Not much scares this old country boy. I've been there and done it. Good night my friend!
Happy computering!

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 60

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I just don't understand whether edge "syncs" or not, or what exactly does it sync, it used to be that IE running on my pc/laptop/phone ran admirably, history/favorites/opened tabs etc all was synced, I could just go from one to the other and carry my browsing over, on edge I don't see anything syncing even though there is a setting stating so, which I have enabled everywhere, yet none of my devices seem to catch the other's favs/history etc, and now I have even more devices, cant be all of them failing I hope...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I'll say this... While I'm not a fan of Edge so far; the few times I decided to use it for light browsing, it did not disappoint. Could it be my full-time default browser? not quite yet, but it is getting there. There are moments when I like to have the webclipper and onenote integration on hand, but of course other browsers offer extensions.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I'll say this... While I'm not a fan of Edge so far; the few times I decided to use it for light browsing, it did not disappoint. Could it be my full-time default browser? not quite yet, but it is getting there. There are moments when I like to have the webclipper and onenote integration on hand, but of course other browsers offer extensions.

but don't we have extensions on edge now? that's why I started using it since 1607, it even got 1 extra extension that ie didnt have for me, lastpass, which is helpful, but also irritating half the time

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Do you get advertisements, and pop-ups?

I use Edge as my main browser on desktop and the Adblock Plus extension. I can log into here just fine and I do not see any ads or anything like that. Edge isn't a bad browser, as others have mentioned favourites handling could be better, but it is slowly getting better.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
This is why i don't get why MS is pushing Edge. Even the fans don't want to use it because it SUCKS. I'm sorry but it's true. I try every time they release a new update and it always is a painful experience.

*Sites crashing and waiting for me to recover them
*Not able to make comments on a lot of webpages
*Login cookies constantly disappearing from sites

It's a mess.

Tjalsma

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I've had no issues with Edge. However, windowscentral.com is, BY FAR, the most poorly optimized site I use on a regular basis. It doesn't matter what platform I am on or what browser I am using it's simply horrible!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi I keep getting errors that Microsoft edge has quit working and that's not true. That messes up my Reliability Monitor and that really irritates me.
After I reset edge, it's OK for awhile and then the error comes back,so I don't use it. I've always been a fan of Firefox!
I'm hoping the maintenance people are working on the servers here at WC. A lot of members are complaining. I'm not having any issues here, but several members are having issues!

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
any idea why the "like" button doesnt work now? I can do it just fine on WC UWP app though

here's a simple rule for me: DO NOT rely on ANY UWP to get "real work" done on a regular basis, they are simply not good enough yet, the platform itself is not, see as long as you stay on legacy win32 desktop side, everything works as intended and is fairly easy to diagnose and fix in no time, on UWP side though, I don't even care anymore, I cant use any maps related apps now because there seems to be file corruption that neither sfc nor dism can fix or find, and trying to fix anything on UWP is a nightmare, even uninstalling-reinstalling them is beyond a normal users' reach for some reason

you may wonder why edge is being pushed even though "it sucks" well, computing is being geared towards the general public now, not the tech enthusiasts of yore, you better get used to sad face BSODs and crashes with no error code in sight, thats going to be the norm, may seem ridiculous to us, but edge works perfectly for almost everyone, they just install chrome cause its the cool thing to do and their geek friend/relative will do it for them at some point, same reason for using google and not bing even though they can barely tell them apart

RobbieRobski

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Honestly the only site I can think of that crashes and need to recover is windowscentral. But it doesn't happen with adblock turned on. On rare occasion pinterest will crash too.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi I spend all day on WC. I have never crashed or had any problems. No ad-blockers ! :wink:What's different with those having problems? IMHO a different server, but no one listens to this old country boy!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Might be an issue with adblock and the website.. Try turning off you adblock and check if the like button works

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss