URLs in skype preview

RobbieRobski

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Is this the problem people are reporting? skype-win10mobile.jpg

A lot of these contacts are actually people I've been texting. But the date on every message is the same, november 27th. Some people have only a single message while others have several. The URL is different on every message but the destination is virtually the same on a few I tested. Different domai the same spammy fake advertorial trying to sell pills.

For what it's worth I am not using Skype as my default sms client.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
it's been happening for few persons , some of my contacts had this issue, think it's some form of spam. i suggest you advise those persons sending the messages to change their passwords for their skype accounts.

RobbieRobski

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
After looking over all this stuff I think this might have been related to the whole one sign in thing Microsoft did where you could sign into Microsoft services/websites using your Microsoft account or your skype id. I remember now on date those messages were sent I got an email from Microsoft saying someone may use used my account, so I changed my password. Incidentally,that was all on the same date but I now only realize this messaging incident is probably what triggered the password rest. Strange that Microsoft new someone used my account and decided not to block them.

I guess my bad for not having reconfigured two factor authentication after switching phones.

After opening up skype for windows desktop. It appears that all these messages are from me
The person who I was texting (and all of a sudden showed up on skype) never got the URL. But other actual skype contacts did.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6