Is anybody happy with Edge?

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
It was fine for a while, but it went to hell in a handbasket a few of updates ago. It slows down and hangs quite often, and it makes the phone hot (talking mobile version here obviously). I have to kill it and start over quite frequently.

Sakitumi

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Not at all. Keeps refresh itself. At time gets stuck and unresponsive. All these on the mobile version. Nd yes, it's my default browser on both phone and computer.

MatthewR413

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
I used Edge for a long time and I had always preferred it over Chrome but I must say it is very lacking. It was a good start but it's just like a lot of what MS is doing lately. They have a great start and ideas but just don't follow through on things in a timely manner. After I downloaded Vivaldi browser the other day I just shook my head at using Edge again. This is a browser done right and while there are some major things missing, like syncing profiles, it's amazing innovative and a breath of fresh air... and it uses all chrome extensions. Again, I really like MS products but there are just some major glaring holes and a third rate browser from a software giant is ridiculous.

covfefe

Banned
Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
Edge is actually getting worse instead of better. I have no idea what the Edge team is even doing when the end result is a product that is almost unusable.

I wonder when they will need to do a rebranding again, they've already ruined the "Edge" name.

You can't keep doing this, Microsoft. :angry:

petvas72

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I just switched back to Chrome. The last months I gave Edge a chance, but performance is not always good. I am tired of that and I want some stability for a while. I love Microsoft software, but Chrome is the better browser for the moment..

bsage23

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
It's not perfect, and needs improvement, but it's my daily driver. As with others, will use Chrome or Firefox where necessary, but it isn't that often.

Cosmin Petrenciuc

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I'm very happy with it. I use it as my default browser both at work and at home. And I also use Bing as default search engine.
At work I also use the Development tools from Edge.
I have no complaints.

petvas72

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Since I moved back to Chrome my Surface Book has become much more efficient and faster. No hangs. no problems when resuming from sleep. Edge is not performing well when many tabs are open. I really hope that Microsoft improves it further and makes it the better browser..

Sophie007

Mar 24, 2017
Visit site
The Edge scrollbar is ridiculously thin.

It varies with updates and versions, but at this time, Edge freezes more frequently than Chrome when I use the Pen on the scrollbar to scroll.

Yiannis_P

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Edge is my preferred browser. It's reliable now and at last I feel safe to uninstall chrome which always was a backup option. Though I agree with people having syncing issues between desktop and mobile version. I'm sure this is the next thing they're going to fix.

nickx91

Jul 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't think edge supports ad-blocker. Whenever I am surfing, websites shows pop-up messages and new tab opens every time. I'm using Opera now.

slepr

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Still have issues with Edge. I have run into sites that just don't work correctly especially with drop down login menus. Also it is hit and miss with my Synology NAS interface. It is gradually improving. My alternate when something doesn't work in edge is Firefox.

jchapman01

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Edge is now my favorite browser. Admittedly, most likely because of the Microsoft rewards points I can earn from searching through Bing and using the browser. That aside, Edge mostly works fine for me. Seems to run a bit slow on my Transformer Book, but that's most likely because it's an old device. I use it at work as my main browser and aside from the occasional need to recover the page because of an error it does its job. I don't sync favorites or any of that, however.

Jason Angle

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
I want to like Edge, I do, I use it frequently trying to force myself. However, on the Insider Rings it is more trouble than it is worth a lot from what I have experienced. Random crashes, the funny context menu bug that continues (albeit not as bad as it was at first.) It does run smoother than Firefox in most cases, and considering that after the third crash or so I am generally fed up with it and shutoff the Surface Pro and do something else, so yeah it saves battery life.

Seriously though, it is faster and does save battery life compared to Firefox. Firefox is very clunky feeling even without extensions enabled. If Edge would fix bookmarks issues and start carrying over the extension settings from system to system (Ublock for example how Firefox handles it) I would probably go with it full time on my not insider build system.

agd87

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
It was a good start but it's just like a lot of what MS is doing lately. They have a great start and ideas but just don't follow through on things in a timely manner.
I agree. I use Edge as my default browser but I’m looking forward when Microsoft start pushing Edge updates through the App Store rather than major OS updates. I hope this will encourage them to add features and improve the web browser more frequently.

petvas72

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I installed the latest Windows build (16299.15) and I am impressed about how Edge now performs. Much better than before. I also love the favorites bar. This was a big issue for me in previous versions

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99