Groove and Windows Store randomly opening on their own

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Over the past week or so, I've encountered a very odd problem on my Surface Book.

Mysteriously, Groove Music and the Windows Store seem to randomly open themselves every 15 minutes or so. I've tried rebooting and checking for the latest updates, but no dice. I haven't installed anything new in that time frame either, so its very odd. Ran a full scan with Windows Defender and nothing was found.

Another weird thing is that the apps don't actually completely open up either. You're stuck with a blue background in the app with either the Groove or Store logo in the center. Happens if all I do is log in and just let things sit for a while. Additionally, the store app will never open unless Groove is already open (either through my using it or the random open).

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? Any ideas? Do I need a priest?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Over the past week or so, I've encountered a very odd problem on my Surface Book.

Mysteriously, Groove Music and the Windows Store seem to randomly open themselves every 15 minutes or so. I've tried rebooting and checking for the latest updates, but no dice. I haven't installed anything new in that time frame either, so its very odd. Ran a full scan with Windows Defender and nothing was found.

Another weird thing is that the apps don't actually completely open up either. You're stuck with a blue background in the app with either the Groove or Store logo in the center. Happens if all I do is log in and just let things sit for a while. Additionally, the store app will never open unless Groove is already open (either through my using it or the random open).

can you open the apps by yourself?

I could suggest you reset them from settings > system > apps and features > select the app > advanced options > reset

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

can you open the apps by yourself?

I could suggest you reset them from settings > system > apps and features > select the app > advanced options > reset

demon09

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Same here, only for me it's sometimes 3 or 4 apps each time, not always the same ones either. Figured a later update would fix it.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Same here just with the store. I am on fast ring, the weird thing is the store opens but it doesn't show anything but it appears to be loading. I just exit out of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo