Netflix now offering caching!

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
...but not on Windows devices. Yet. The response to my query on this was as follows:

Netflix Greta
Thanks for holding with me, I was taking a deeper look into this and currently don't have any updates about when the Windows app downloading service will be available, however I just sent your comments forward so hopefully we can get this feature with Windows as soon as possible.

Greta assures me my request will not go unnoticed, so please get on the Netflix live chat or call them and offer your encouragement. Numbers help.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
The desktop app has 287,000 reviews. I'm sure this one is popular enough for them to keep it up to date. It's one of the most used apps on windows as it offers 5.1 sound which you can't get through browsers yet.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Whilst I hope for caching to come to us, I am not as sure as you. For example, can we use the app to free-call Netflix support directly over wifi yet? Nope, unless we are Android/Apple users. Also, caching is most useful for small tablet or phone users. Not traditionally a section of the Windows community that attracts attention from the devs. So, whilst I remain hopeful it can't hurt to encourage Netflix with some feedback.

Please folks, give Netflix Support a dose of those almost surreal levels of optimism and positivity that any committed Windows ecosystem fan has in spades. Please click below right now, and remember to smile as you type :smile: :

https://help.netflix.com/Help#startChat

Guy_De_Siguro

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
So I also reached out to Netflix (thanks for the link) and Eli wrote the following:

Ah, got it. Thank you for reaching us on this! Yes, as this feature was initially designed for people who travel a lot and don't have the time or the internet to watch Netflix traditionally, we introduced mobile devices first. But we're seeing it has become very popular so we're making a list to see which are the most requested devices people would like to have this feature on. I will definitely let my team know you would like to have it in your W10 App, so it can be considered next!

Sounds good, if we all ask for it W10 should be pretty high in the list.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Please folks, give Netflix Support a dose of those almost surreal levels of optimism and positivity that any committed Windows ecosystem fan has in spades. Please click below right now, and remember to smile as you type

Done! very politely, but firm.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Nice one. Sounds like the responses are getting more and more positive from Netflix, they will add the feature to Windows if it gets the feedback asking. So, keep it up Windows chums! And try to mention Windows Mobile as well whilst you're at it. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett