Windows 10 mobile Facebook Inc app not clearing live tile when notifications are read on desktop app

foxtwo1811

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I installed the official Facebook app, the one from Facebook Inc., in windows 10 desktop and windows 10 mobile. I am using fully updated official builds for both mobile and desktop.
When I receive a notification from the Facebook app in the desktop and I open that notification marking it as read I noticed that, as expected, I receive the same notification in windows 10 mobile action center as well as in the windows 10 mobile Facebook app live tile (the badge notification).
The problem is that, after reading that notification on the desktop, there is no way to clear the windows 10 mobile Facebook badge notification (that is the live tile notification) of the same notification read on the desktop other than receiving another notification and mark it as read inside the mobile application.
In another words, the same notification read on the desktop is correctly marked as read inside the mobile application but the mobile badge notification still shows that notification as a new one.
Do you have the same problem, and if so, are there any workarounds to solve the problem?
Thanks a lot for any help
Regards

foxtwo1811

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Other than the case I described in my first post the same problem happens both in the mobile and desktop app if I receive a notification of some friend action that is deleted by the friend before I read the notification, that is:
1) Someone post something on my diary
2) I receive the notification
3) What has been posted on my diary is deleted before I read the notification
4) If I open the notification from the action centre both in desktop or mobile the live tile is not cleared

OmarRamos

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I am having an issue with the app lagging and crashing all the time. It takes two tries for the app to finally open. Does anyone have any suggestions?

JRF_1986

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I installed the official Facebook app, the one from Facebook Inc., in windows 10 desktop and windows 10 mobile. I am using fully updated official builds for both mobile and desktop.
When I receive a notification from the Facebook app in the desktop and I open that notification marking it as read I noticed that, as expected, I receive the same notification in windows 10 mobile action center as well as in the windows 10 mobile Facebook app live tile (the badge notification).
The problem is that, after reading that notification on the desktop, there is no way to clear the windows 10 mobile Facebook badge notification (that is the live tile notification) of the same notification read on the desktop other than receiving another notification and mark it as read inside the mobile application.
In another words, the same notification read on the desktop is correctly marked as read inside the mobile application but the mobile badge notification still shows that notification as a new one.
Do you have the same problem, and if so, are there any workarounds to solve the problem?
Thanks a lot for any help
Regards
Hi, foxtwo, I don't use the PC version but on the mobile one I get the same issue. Even if I read it within the app, the live tile still shows that I have a new notification. Same goes for the Messenger app. I guess there is some sort of delay between the app and the server because on my iPhone and LG G5 they go away instantly. I don't know of anything else other than open the W10 app and open all of my most recent notifications and drag down to refresh a couple of times. This usually clears the live tile.

JRF_1986

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I am having an issue with the app lagging and crashing all the time. It takes two tries for the app to finally open. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I had this issue when I first installed it. I had it on my SD card and moved it back to the phone memory. After a few times using it, it starts up pretty quickly.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
give feedback within their app and let them know, I usually sent lots of feedback for Facebook app
-to get true uwp app
-to have pictures saved from Facebook in the Saved Pictures Album instead of Camera Roll, why would you want saved pics in camera roll is beyond me
-fix terrible lag
-app usually crashes , I think it's cause it's not uwp and it's lots of crappy code for their ported app.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that I have this too. Basically, if you get a notifcation on a certain device, the notification must be read/cleared from that very device. If it is read/cleared in a different device or browser by then, the notification remains on the tile.

Same with the Messenger app.

foxtwo1811

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for confirming me that. They have to change the logic of notifications handling, in the other apps it is sufficient to open the app to clear the badge notifications. I suspect that when they will enable the option to add Facebook and Messenger to the lock screen notifications the problem will be fixed as well.

foxtwo1811

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
In the meantime, as a workaround when I receive a new Facebook or Messenger notification on the desktop I open those notifications on phone so that phone has always tiles updated even because on the desktop I can disable Facebook and Messenger live tiles, in phone this is not possible.
Unfortunately the problem of clearing the badge tile of a deleted notification (someone who posts something on your diary and soon deletes that before you are able to clear that notification from within the app) still remains even using the above workaround.

stjeffy86

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone else have issues with Autoplay of videos in the timeline not working? I see the option to enable it in settings but it doesn't work. I don't understand why they can't just port the app from Android or IOS instead of their horrible Osmetta.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)